Jump to content
4thstringer

Sue for iron chef, but there is a twist

Recommended Posts

I've recieved a secondary challenge, which I'm excited about. I'm to take Sue, but no other models that are from any wave but wave 1.  I can still take later upgrades, but I suspect my opponent will ding me imaginary points for it.

The strat is symbols, schemes are public demo, punish the weak, take prisoner, public demonstration, search the ruins, and hold up their forces.

Because I've got some mental problems, I've been considering a sonnia ml and burning focused build like this:

Declared Faction: Guild 
Crew Name: sue 50ss 
Leader: Sonnia - Cache:(3)
   No More Masks 1ss 
   Reincarnation 1ss 
   The Mask 1ss 
Purifying Flame 3ss 
Samael Hopkins 8ss 
   Lead Lined Coat 1ss 
   Witch Hunt 2ss 
Francisco Ortega 8ss 
   Hermanos De Armas 1ss 
   Wade In 1ss 
Witchling Stalker 5ss 
Witchling Stalker 5ss 
Sue 8ss 
   Lead Lined Coat 1ss 
 

Not great, but I've literally never used the mask before and kind of want to try it.  I also want to use sonnias inferno (0), which I've only used once in all my time playing.

I know that a perdita list would probably be better at the strat, as would a lady j list.  But gimme your ideas, I wanna see them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The secondary challenge sounds a lot more like a primary challenge. How the hell are you supposed to do symbols with wave 1 guild? What type of deployment is it? Corner would be bonkers.

Your list looks good enough at handling the schemes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the Clock McMourning with as much of the box set as you can muster, Francisco to protect Sebastian, Sue to take a bit of heat off of McMourning as he goes after as many symbols as he can tag before he dies (having outpaced any nurse)? Or does that also lose points for being minimally Guild? :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gnomezilla said:

On the Clock McMourning with as much of the box set as you can muster, Francisco to protect Sebastian, Sue to take a bit of heat off of McMourning as he goes after as many symbols as he can tag before he dies (having outpaced any nurse)? Or does that also lose points for being minimally Guild? :P

I think my opponents are pumped any time I take Dougie.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doc might be able to build an interesting list. Cerberus and silurids are first book models allowed by a later upgrade. ;)

In all honesty I think the Sonnia list might do well. Lots of killing for punish, can do hold up with a def + finesse Francisco. Tqke prisoner is also quite doable if you are somewhat certain you can kill all or most of the other models.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ludvig said:

Doc might be able to build an interesting list. Cerberus and silurids are first book models allowed by a later upgrade. ;)

In all honesty I think the Sonnia list might do well. Lots of killing for punish, can do hold up with a def + finesse Francisco. Tqke prisoner is also quite doable if you are somewhat certain you can kill all or most of the other models.

I've done mcm with leaping beasts, that was my spawn mother list.  It was fun, but I think I want to go in another direction for this one. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could probably get a strat point if you thin the enemy out and keep advancing the stalkers. Maybe even two with a turn 6 (on to of the one that iu get for having markers left).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

You could probably get a strat point if you thin the enemy out and keep advancing the stalkers. Maybe even two with a turn 6 (on to of the one that iu get for having markers left).

Thats the hope, we will see. If not, oh well, it should be a fun game.  Sonnia needs practice with her sword hand anyways.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×