Showgirl Seamus

durek

Hello all
I'm posting under my husbands account as I dont have access to mine anymore due to password issues and this is easier.
I used to play a lot of Collette and Pandora in 1st ed and I am dipping my toe back into this edition with Lynch and Ophelia.

I wanted to give Seamus a try as we have a lot of models for him and my husband cant make him work well with his play style (1st or 2nd ed) though he loves him dearly lol.
Figured with the new(ish) Showgirl options he got i'd give him a try in our beginner friendly league.

Any tips on Showgirl Seamus or even general Seamus; model selection, tricks, things to watch out for or do?

thanks you in advance :)

Thanks for posting this, @durek (or whichever is your usual account). I'll be watching with interest. I recently picked up Seamus' box solely because I heard about the Showgirls upgrade AKA Sebastian Baker. While I do have a few other Ressurectionist pieces, I'll be planning on playing Seamus exclusively with that upgrade and the various Arcanist models + Oiran. I don't particularly mind whether it will be the strongest Seamus or even Resser build. I just think it looks like fun and is a good way to double-up on models. 😇

Cassandra is probably one of the best models to bring with Seamus now since she can scheme run easily, but can also copy lures and slows from the Belles, the carrion Emissary's attack (and she can stone for the mask to attack again. Target the Zombie created the last turn, arrange so you can cheat with a middling mask, do irresistible blast damage to models near the zombie, then do it again off the trigger since the zombie isn't removed until the trigger finishes resolving), or any other useful CA attack.

Angelica has a place if you are hard up for cards. Disguised and a cheap enforcer means she can do guarded treasure well, and she cn move your models around well enough without needing a card like a doxy does.

Carlos is pretty much garbage without his upgrade.

Having 1 Ice Dancer is useful for summons. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Fetid Strumpet said:

then do it again off the trigger since the zombie isn't removed until the trigger finishes resolving

Wait... does that really work like this??? I have to say that it just sounds wrong...

4 hours ago, Fetid Strumpet said:

(and she can stone for the mask to attack again. Target the Zombie created the last turn, arrange so you can cheat with a middling mask, do irresistible blast damage to models near the zombie, then do it again off the trigger since the zombie isn't removed until the trigger finishes resolving)

holy molly, I had no idea it works that way. I have wasted free blasts so many times... 😉

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, TeddyBear said:

wait wait wait wait wait....😵

how it works this thing of triggers?

if i have undertood correctly: if carrion emissary attacks one mindless zombie with mask (and mindless relent) emissary can attack again the same mindeless zombie?!?...

•After damaging: These effects happen after Step 5 and only if the target
suffers 1 or more damage from the Action. These effects are resolved
before the damaged model is removed if it was killed by the damage.

Page 26 of the Rules manual.

So yes you can attack a model, kill it and attack it again if you do an after damaging trigger to get that extra attack. This won't go on beyond the 1 extra attack, because the second attack can't damage the killed model, because its already on 0 wounds and the wounds can't go below 0

EDIT - Also to add, if the zombie relents, then you are on a double negative due to accuracy. You don't want to relent if you're trying to get blasts off. 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Adran said:

•After damaging: These effects happen after Step 5 and only if the target
suffers 1 or more damage from the Action. These effects are resolved
before the damaged model is removed if it was killed by the damage.

Page 26 of the Rules manual.

So yes you can attack a model, kill it and attack it again if you do an after damaging trigger to get that extra attack. This won't go on beyond the 1 extra attack, because the second attack can't damage the killed model, because its already on 0 wounds and the wounds can't go below 0

Very Cool! and very strong! i didn't know this thing.. thanks!

[off-topic] apart Raspu and Carrion Emissary, who else would make it?

On 4/30/2018 at 11:48 PM, durek said:

Any tips on Showgirl Seamus or even general Seamus; model selection, tricks, things to watch out for or do?

I'd suggest giving him a try with his other new upgrade (DYKWIA) and Sinister Reputaion, and trying out a horror duel list, its a lot of fun and definitely my favorite Seamus build. I haven't tried AKA Sebastian baker yet, mainly because I don't have the models. But there's some new Belles coming out soon in the Undying box which I'm eager to see stats for

• Like 1

Performers are very strong in a Seamus list, too, due to their Manipulative. Ice Dancers make great scheme runners, but other than being just all-around good models, they don't synergize particularly well with Seamus. 

There's a longer write-up on Seamus I did a couple weeks ago a few posts down in the forum. 

• Like 1

On 5/2/2018 at 10:14 AM, Adran said:

EDIT - Also to add, if the zombie relents, then you are on a double negative due to accuracy. You don't want to relent if you're trying to get blasts off. 

Why u are on double negative attacking zombie?

10 hours ago, Fetid Strumpet said:

If you relent so that you automatically tie, and therefore don’t need to flip for defense then you automatically suffer a double negative to the Dmg flip.

I cannot find anaything about that double negative in a book...