Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
4thstringer

I've got wardens for my Iron chef this week.

Recommended Posts

I'm thinking about doing Lucas and three wardens and three emissary.  How would you fill out that list, and are any of his new upgrades interesting?

The other options are Hoff or lucius, but tbh that probably won't happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loot Bag goes where any 2ss upgrade used to go, or you move Promises to another black sheep (*cough* Queeg *cough* positive flipping wardens) and use it as intended as a surprise generator. I haven’t quite committed to buying Disguised from the cloak at the start of game, so sometimes I see the obvious charge being prepped and get petty and make it impossible. Or one of my models has gotten close to a well defended interact point, and I provide it with a surprise cloak of please score VP for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loot bag is such an autotake that it's not even funny and the cloak seems really good. It lets you protect your reactivating sabrewarden before it charges in since you'll need to have something activated first. If you do Queeg with promises you can take some 1ss upgrade to swap into the sabre/badge turn one. Not sure if you want to fill out with cheap activations or take the emissary for the other 2ss upgrade. Are you adamant on three wardens?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

Loot bag is such an autotake that it's not even funny and the cloak seems really good. It lets you protect your reactivating sabrewarden before it charges in since you'll need to have something activated first. If you do Queeg with promises you can take some 1ss upgrade to swap into the sabre/badge turn one. Not sure if you want to fill out with cheap activations or take the emissary for the other 2ss upgrade. Are you adamant on three wardens?

It doesn't have to be three but I prefer it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If your opponent acts on the knowledge of you doing wardens and counters armour (I believe they have counterpicked before?) they'll go down super fast so you may need three to try them properly.

You won't have the activations to alpha anything so just nimble and disguised on the reactivating one turn 1 could maybe let you paralyze something. If you skip the emissary you could have Francisco to protect a warden or McCabe, the emissary doesn't gain that much from promises anyway. Cloak, badge and bag (for sabre) could be enough. Francisco and a buffed McCabe running interference might pull some heat from the wardens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

I'm thinking about doing Lucas and three wardens and three emissary.  How would you fill out that list, and are any of his new upgrades interesting?

The other options are Hoff or lucius, but tbh that probably won't happen.

The crew I was tootling about running, was

Lucas McCabe
- Loot Bag
- Strangemetal Shirt
- Elixir/Sabre/Badge/Whatever.

Luna

Captain Dashel
- Arrest Him

3x Warden

4x Guild Hound

The reason for Captain Dashel is because it's awesome, as he's your Warden leader. McCabe gives him the Strangemetal Shirt. That makes all the Wardens Armor +2, (+4 with Grind to a Halt). He allows all all your Wardens to Focus as a (0). He gives all your Wardens :+flipon Attack Flips. And if he can "Arrest Him" a couple times, with your 4 Guild Hounds, you should be in a position to maximize Paralyze potential by getting to activate late.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love Wardens with McCabe, a game I had just yesterday I had a Reactivating Warden with the Saber cut down a Peacekeeper turn 1; was Flank deployment so we were pretty close.

I would say if you are taking 3 Wardens you should consider at least 3 guild hounds.  The three plus Luna, McCabe, and the Wardens give you 8 activations *Plus potential reactivation* before filling out the rest of the crew for 36ss *assuming 5 for upgrades on McCabe*.  That leaves you enough for one of our Henchmen *Or Emissary* and still enough for a decent pool. *Actually I like Morgan Vening's List, I would just need to get Dashel based and painted potentially for that one, Been meaning to get him done*.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, EnternalVoid said:

I love Wardens with McCabe, a game I had just yesterday I had a Reactivating Warden with the Saber cut down a Peacekeeper turn 1; was Flank deployment so we were pretty close.

I would say if you are taking 3 Wardens you should consider at least 3 guild hounds.  The three plus Luna, McCabe, and the Wardens give you 8 activations *Plus potential reactivation* before filling out the rest of the crew for 36ss *assuming 5 for upgrades on McCabe*.  That leaves you enough for one of our Henchmen *Or Emissary* and still enough for a decent pool. *Actually I like Morgan Vening's List, I would just need to get Dashel based and painted potentially for that one, Been meaning to get him done*.

I've got daschel, I might have to use him.  Important to note though,  daschel won't give plus flips to their ml.(only projectile attacks)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Morgan Vening said:

The crew I was tootling about running, was

Lucas McCabe
- Loot Bag
- Strangemetal Shirt
- Elixir/Sabre/Badge/Whatever.

Luna

Captain Dashel
- Arrest Him

3x Warden

4x Guild Hound

The reason for Captain Dashel is because it's awesome, as he's your Warden leader. McCabe gives him the Strangemetal Shirt. That makes all the Wardens Armor +2, (+4 with Grind to a Halt). He allows all all your Wardens to Focus as a (0). He gives all your Wardens :+flipon Attack Flips. And if he can "Arrest Him" a couple times, with your 4 Guild Hounds, you should be in a position to maximize Paralyze potential by getting to activate late.

I like it, though in a pool with schemes requiring less speed I might use guild guard instead of dogs.  More daschel synergy and tougher (especially with the potential armor 2 if I brick up)

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×