Monthly painting challenge - May

Franchute

On 5/21/2018 at 6:29 AM, Shock & Awe said:

I really like her skin, and (it may be the lighting) but her tongue looks black-ish, which is cool.

Thanks for your interest. I used GW Blood for the Blood God mixed up with old GW Devlan Mud (you can try Nurgle Black Wash, as an alternative). Guess some skin wash went over it  later when I took care of face skin.

@Caedrus Thanks for your kind words....the blue/green was achieved with the following combination of colours:

Base : over a white primer Vallejo Model Color Turquoise- 70.966 faded into Vallejo Game Colour Electric Blue - 72.023 mixed until almost white with Vallejo Model Color Ivory  70918

Once the overall effect was there it was darkened in places with glazes of Vallejo Game Color Hexed Lichen 72.015

Once all that was done the very brightest points were picked out in Vallejo White....

Finally over the lightest points - glazes of Vallejo Fluorescent Yellow 70.730 

Phew !....that made it all look very complicated 😂

• Thanks 3

@PetitDalek Wow ! They look stunning ! Really good colour combinations and great basing - an excellent trio - top work 👍

@Viruk I always look forward to seeing what you come up with - great brushwork as always especially the heads on the mane - very gruesome looking 👏

@Shock & Awe Great job on Patti Ramone plus Emelline Bellerose really looks the part👍

@Caedrus It is completely beyond me to even think of completing the amount of models you took on this month let alone having them all look so good at the end of it - your first take on sheer material was very successful 😀

@bedjy unbelievable quantity of models and all looking very good - really like what you did with alt Lazarus 👍

@prof_bycid  Nice colours you have used for Mr Vogel and his beast within - think you just convinced me that he needs to join the very long queue in my box of shame 😉

Edited by Burnin' Coal
Spelling mistake
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 5/28/2018 at 5:02 PM, Franchute said:

@Rikk isnt the display board the one you already showed us last month? I already counted a display board last month. Or is this another one? The two pictures look the same though.

Yes! This explains why I couldn’t find pics of it and had to take another. Please exclude from this months total. There is another smaller display board but it’s nowhere near done.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Rikk said:

Yes! This explains why I couldn’t find pics of it and had to take another. Please exclude from this months total. There is another smaller display board but it’s nowhere near done.

Thanks. If you manage to finish the smaller one by the end of the month, we could include it if you want 👍