Monthly painting challenge - May

Franchute

Everyone's doing such wonderful work! I love it all!

Here's what I managed of the giant pile of plastic I pleged. Got a good amount of it done, and the rest it well on it's way to be finished up early June.

First, Krampus/Snowstorm (11ss) and Boris the Slate Ridge Mauler (7ss)

20180531_092400.jpg.6385bd80867d1dc0d102b13bae14f81b.jpg20180531_092435.jpg.7bbdc42e329194abf0a8bb6f0f31be26.jpg

Tosiro (9ss) and two Komainu (10ss)20180531_090728.jpg.49cb64ab37ae2773f02cf873d51872e1.jpg

2 Goryo (14ss)20180531_090634.jpg.3c9912162915e484fe97a148fab4e3de.jpg

a Dead Doxie (6ss) and a pack of Canine Remains (12ss)20180531_090903.jpg.99653cde7c6ccc68d015ee32f51dffc3.jpg

and finally, 3 Seishin (0ss) and the Largest of Jakobs (5ss) presented as the Red XIII for my FFVII Outcasts. 20180531_091015.jpg.4a32b0a47173bcc5a6f1647a0bdd16d6.jpg

And for funzies,a picture of the most Grandious of Jakobuses consulting the ancestors, wondering why all their advice involves braaaaiiiiinsss.

20180531_091251.jpg.0bbed5f0573ace9e5f683bde06ea715e.jpg

For a total of 73ss, by my count.

• Like 7

Is it just me, or is the overall quality of minis getting better as we progress through the year? Practice, support, and a little C&C from this group is really paying off I think.

I'm not too happy with my TTB model but I'm claiming it anyway (5SS) for a total of 8SS this month.

IMG_2563.jpgIMG_2564.jpg

I plan to totally repaint the pants when I have time. The color is much too green. Doesn't fit the demon-terminator vibe I wanted at all.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, misterfinn said:

I'm not too happy with my TTB model 

You should be happy. I think she turned out pretty well. I understand what you say about the green. Which coulour are you thinking about? Green on the other hand creates a contrast with the red.

@Monkeyfist I might be wrong, but I have the impression that Widow Weaver is worth 8 ss.

@Boomstick great collection of good looking models - I really like the tones of Toshiro and really like the almost monochromatic take on the Goryo

@misterfinn Well...in answer to your rhetorical question of if we're all improving I would say yes in no uncertain terms...looking and studying how other people achieve results inevitably results in a change of thought process then a change in approach or technique...it's what makes this challenge so worthwhile...we're all in different parts of the planet and dedicated to improving this one small part of it...it's a team effort - your model is one really nice piece of brushwork and I'd be very happy if it was mine...very smooth blending and great NMM....only you know what you were aiming for but from where I'm looking it is most fine 😉

• Thanks 1

I painted 6 Bf-109e's and 6 Spitfires (Blood Red Skies starter box) but didn't paint a single Malifaux mini. So for this first since I started participating in January 2017 I will have to take a Mulligan. I think the break was maybe a good thing and I hope to come back strong in June.

I've been quiet on here due to the lack of progress on my part but allow me to say that the work you all have put out is stunning. April was so good from everyone that I didn't think May could outshine it and yet it has. Bravo to you all and I look forward to seeing the work we'll create in June.

• Like 1

On 5/30/2018 at 8:16 PM, Franchute said:

@PetitDalek I love them. Which turquoise do you use for your minis?

Thanks! It's my favourite colour, so it represents about 20 % of my paint stock :D

I used mostly Green Blue and Turquoise (Prince August) for middle tones and Arcane Blue (P3) for highlights. I sometimes add some Turquoise ink (P3) or Fluorescent Yellow (Prince August) for a more saturated green-tinted finish. I am a big fan of Arcane Blue, it's a very nice paint to work with and easy to blend. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Franchute said:

@Rikk I'm downgrading you to enforcer so that I dont consider you out of the challenge. Are you OK with this?

Sure no worries, back from holiday now so hopefully picking up paint brush again on sunday 😀