Som'er new Warpig tactic

LoyalSkritNa

Hi,

First time creating a topic, and I actually feel some kind of shame asking about an alpha strike thing, considering the reputation it has in malifaux, especially with us bayou crawlers.

I read on thinkin luck and a wyrd place facebook groups about the existence of an alpha strike move to do with warpigs and Som'er. I actually don't own Warpigs, and I'm not sure to be the kind of player that likes alpha strikes period, to be honest, but I'm wondering what it could be. You could say it's for research purposes. 😉

It will certainly be added in the future Som'er Tactica, but for now, anyone would dare to talk about this new wonderful secret weapon?

Cheers,

• Like 1

Thanks, didn't realize this thread is the one I was looking for.

Sounds like it made some waves on the "preseted list" debate. But the original idea is interesting.

Despite this particular tactic, would you say War pigs with Som'er are a viable unit to bring? What is it worth in supply wagon atm?

war pigs are great for their cost, if you can keep them under control. I'm not sure I'd trust using them to push a supply wagon, they can be just too wild

I find they are best used as a loose cannon, causing havok where ever they are, and just hoping that location is not near where you are. 

• Agree 1

Glad you decided to become active!

War pigs aren't that hard to control if you have a few gremlins to herd them. A single bayou can trail along with a warpig to keep it doing what it is supposed to do. You likely want to use a hog whisperer anyway for the reacivate as well and they have their super aura for just that purpose.

Without the insane card draw sending a warpig at your opponent is not some sort dick move. They were considered so bad that they needed an errata upgrade to fix them so they are obviously not overpowered models. 

Don't feel afraid to play whatever you like. People have all kinds of preferences but if someone is moaning about your master choice during a game it is they who are at fault and not you. 

People adapt to facing hard crews after a couple of games. If they can't handle it most players self regulate and move on to try a more fun/goofy list against that particular opponent because the winning player will also stop having fun after a few games. You will likely notice on your opponent's behavior when it is time to give them a break, some enjoy taking a beating. ;)

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Thanks for all these infos.

I'm planning to buy a lot of pigs for building a roster and use it with ulix, maybe som'er too. Hopefully ulix is gonna be in the next nightmare box.

So i'll try one or two warpigs and, as you implied, won't fear to throw it in my opponents crews to see what it can do. Some people say they're surprisingly good, if you dare to pay the fearful price they cost in soulstone.

• Like 1

Most things are very much usable and very few things are completely overwhelming unless you go super hard into a niche and make certain spam lists.

I make a habit of playing the models people say are shit just to see how they do. It might make a difference if you are at the top table of a tournament against someone exactly as good as you are but most games are usually decided by one player reading the game better and adapting, not a single model being potentially worth a soulstone more than it currently costs. When you've faced the same player twenty times and both have tried twenty different lists and one of you won nineteen of the games it's hard to blame the models. Some people are just op and need to be nerfed. ;)

• Like 2
  • Agree 1