Sign in to follow this  
Morgan Vening

Ferdinand/Beast Within Issue

Was playing a game at the local store, (Marcus v Marcus, it was epic in it's derp), but my opponent was using the App, and had taken Ferdinand Vogel.

The app wouldn't let him take The Beast Within though, and that made it VERY difficult, as he had to switch from the Encounter (for everything else), to the Model List (to see the stats on TBW).

Having the ability to add The Beast Within to a crew would solve that issue.

1 hour ago, Morgan Vening said:

Was playing a game at the local store, (Marcus v Marcus, it was epic in it's derp), but my opponent was using the App, and had taken Ferdinand Vogel.

The app wouldn't let him take The Beast Within though, and that made it VERY difficult, as he had to switch from the Encounter (for everything else), to the Model List (to see the stats on TBW).

If you've started the encounter there should have been a pretty big "Add Model" button at the bottom of the crew list. 

It goes against how I was taught as a child, but The Beast Within should have been visible right after Teddy in the Enforcer list.

Having the ability to add The Beast Within to a crew would solve that issue.

You're supposed to be able to.

Did other player had the encounter set up properly with the crew linked in before staring the encounter?

It's there for me. Were you looking under Enforcers in the list that pops up when you click "Add Model". Also, the list is in alphabetical order but it is in the Ts for "The" and not the Bs for "Beast".

The Beast Within should not  be something that you can add while crew building since there is no legal way to hire him. Adding it there will just result in people creating illegal crews.

Nevermind then, I guess.

Neither of us could figure it out, so either the interface isn't as intuitive as it could be, or we're both fairly dumb.

Leaning more towards the latter, but not ruling out the former.

28 minutes ago, Morgan Vening said:

Nevermind then, I guess.

Neither of us could figure it out, so either the interface isn't as intuitive as it could be, or we're both fairly dumb.

Leaning more towards the latter, but not ruling out the former.

The interface is further from perfect than the Guild is from mercy.  :Arcanist:

But if you were at the point "I need to add a Beast Within, where the heck is it in this list of models?" there's two points:

1.  That part of the interface really should have a filter and search element to it, because you often don't know much about the model but it's name.  So the app could be better.

2.  Can you double check that the model shows up where it's currently supposed to, and that the button is where it's supposed to be?  Occasionally buttons get overlooked when you're in a hurry, but also occasionally buttons go missing.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, solkan said:

The interface is further from perfect than the Guild is from mercy.  :Arcanist:

But if you were at the point "I need to add a Beast Within, where the heck is it in this list of models?" there's two points:

1.  That part of the interface really should have a filter and search element to it, because you often don't know much about the model but it's name.  So the app could be better.

2.  Can you double check that the model shows up where it's currently supposed to, and that the button is where it's supposed to be?  Occasionally buttons get overlooked when you're in a hurry, but also occasionally buttons go missing.

1. Yeah, the filter kinda sucks (it only sorts by faction, and is in the tree format, so if you're not studied up already, it can be difficult to find) Also, stuff like Ferd/TBW should arguably be automatic. Similarly Ikyrio and Kirai. 

2. I tested it. Both for Ferd/TBW and Kirai/Ikyrio. Both worked fine, but it just doesn't seem intuitive if you haven't had it explained. As my opponent said, a swipe left/right to view the other seems a more intuitive way of doing it, or a button when you tap on the Growing Rage ability, though likely more complicated from a programming perspective.

• Agree 1