Sign in to follow this  
unti

Sebastian induction

Hey, sadly i did not find an answer to this question:

when i prevent 1 damage in Sebastians induction aura, do i still suffer the other 2 damage or do i suffer no damage?

Thanks

The damage from induction is a single source of damage so if you prevent 1 you would still take 2

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

dont think so.  IF you prevent the poison dmg then the first condition is not met so you dont take the additional 2 to my reading.  

So i do understand both oppinions, thats why i asked... in our group we cant decide on how to play it...

General forum consensus is that the whole thing hinges on the wording in Damage Prevention on page 53.

After determining how much damage the Master or Henchman model would take, but before applying the damage, the model may spend a Soulstone to make a damage prevention flip.

When Poison is still doing 1 damage (so before resolving Induction) you haven't actually determined how much damage the model is taking.  Only *after* Induction resolves do you know for sure.  So there's no soulstone spending point in the middle there.  The poison effectively does 3 damage in a single lump.

This question I feel like comes up every 6 months somewhere on these boards, it might actually be the most frequently asked question.  Pity it's not in the FAQ.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

On the topic of poison, I know catalyst has you take poison at the start of the activation do you also take it at the end of the turn as well?

2 minutes ago, Arlos896 said:

On the topic of poison, I know catalyst has you take poison at the start of the activation do you also take it at the end of the turn as well?

Yup.

1 hour ago, Arlos896 said:

Well then.... guess people bend heaven and earth to murder Sebastian then haha 

He is pretty much the top priority to kill unless you can neuter the aura. Unless he has MLH (damn I hate that upgrade!) he isn't that hard to take out.