Your ideas how to play vs unstopable crew

Rostislav

Her 10 beats a 13 on the pig so she should be ok for hitting. She might run into trouble if the pigs charge her and she's run out of decent cards. For now I'll just laugh at the amazing feat of this thread now also covering how other factions counter the list. All hail the guild forums, thia thread could become a resurrection of the old OTT. ;)

• Haha 1

On 5/16/2018 at 9:21 AM, Adran said:

How would Neverborn deal with it? 

As without thinking I would have said Guild was better to deal with it than Neverborn, due to their increased threat ranges. 

At work, but sooooooo excited to get started on the list of bacon sizzling solutions later tonight!

But just to get us started, Doppleganger, giving that boost to initiative from which many models who can drop 50mm blocking terrain can be launched......lots more to follow.

"I love the smell of Bacon in the morning"

• Haha 1

Dear @Adran,

My apologies, I was weak and went to the pub, worse of all this has left me a little delicate and even weaker today, and sadly I have 🃏 my willpower duel to resist going again-in 22min30secs!

Dang that cold beer garden in the sun at the end of a twat of a week!

Neverborn:

Armour

Lures

Melancholy

Obey's

Ignore charges

Drop Blocking Terrain

Pounce

'Better kill it coz you ain't living for a 2nd shot buried this deep in my Neverborn filth'.........

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ceodoc said:

Dear @Adran,

My apologies, I was weak and went to the pub, worse of all this has left me a little delicate and even weaker today, and sadly I have 🃏 my willpower duel to resist going again-in 22min30secs!

Dang that cold beer garden in the sun at the end of a twat of a week!

Neverborn:

Armour

Lures

Melancholy

Obey's

Ignore charges

Drop Blocking Terrain

Pounce

'Better kill it coz you ain't living for a 2nd shot buried this deep in my Neverborn filth'.........

Fair to assume the WP duel was failed?

• Like 2

OK, so I had my second game with the original list today. It was better, but still went pretty bad for the piggies. It was close deployment against reva. Symbols of authority. Reva had a very soft list (as I believe anyway) with Vincent, Yin, 3 Shield Bearers and Bette.

Terrain was pretty much my standard setup: three big buildings, 4 smaller ones (all played just as blocking impassable), three severe bodies of water and a lot of small walls fences (hight 1 blocking soft/hard cover, climbable)

Lessons learned:

- Banjonistas can only push gremlin models, so -2" pushes for the pigs

- It is really easy to forget the right to activation order so that you actually have a bayou gremlin on two wounds before Somer goes

- if your opponent already stands in your crew before the pigs go, even if they can't attack, the pigs effectiveness is reduced severely

- bette (and probably killjoy for that matter) are great against this with reva, as they have a rather easy time outmanouvering you and messing up your activation order that way

- being close to the opponents crew too early (as given in close deployment) is not as much of a good thing as you might think

- if you start turn one with a good hand, the card drawing engine almost hurts your hand

- your effectiveness is SOOOOO dependent on available push lanes

- I still need a lot of practice

The game ended 7:5 for Reva, so not terrible, but considering the crew composition, it felt worse. I will play this crew a bit more in the hopes of getting more practice in. But from what I saw so far, this crew does not warrant any demand for nerfs of any of the pieces.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

So, the big question is, is the guy who invented this list playing it at ITc?

From what I have heard yesterday Trikk played against "Ulix crew lead by Som'er" during the first round (vs. someone from Abnormalifaux) and he lost. I know no details about the list, but it sounds like it was THAT list. Maybe you can tell something from photos posted on facebook by David Brown (in the foreground):

• Like 1