What about future Mud Gamin?

Scatterbrain

There's a conversation going on in the Arcanists forum where fans are posting ideas for concepts for new models they'd like to see in future. Edit: this is just for fun, there is no expectation that fan ideas will ever be officially created by Wyrd.

When @retnab mentioned the many Gamin in TTB that haven't yet made an appearance in Malifaux, I thought it was important to share them out among the factions where appropriate to fluff.

We know from the Backdraft box that Gremlins are soon to get Whiskey Gamin. What do you think of Gremlin Mud Gamin? They sound like they'd be at home on the Bayou! Would they have the Swampfiend characteristic? What would their statline and abilities look like?

Have fun, Gremlin aficionados!

:Lenny:

Edited by Scatterbrain
Correction

19 minutes ago, Scatterbrain said:

There's a conversation going on in the Arcanists forum where fans are posting ideas for concepts for new models they'd like to see in future. If the ideas are good enough and there's a space for them, Wyrd may end up making them in the future.

Just to say I have seen nothing in that thread from Wyrd. Its been a long time since I've seen an "official" Wyrd answer to fan made concepts, (so long I can't find it now), but from memory it was "fell free to do this. We aren't going to look at them, because its a potential legal minefield". 

So go ahead and make Fan concepts. Don't expect Wyrd to look at them, or make them  in the future. 

9 minutes ago, Adran said:

Just to say I have seen nothing in that thread from Wyrd. Its been a long time since I've seen an "official" Wyrd answer to fan made concepts, (so long I can't find it now), but from memory it was "fell free to do this. We aren't going to look at them, because its a potential legal minefield". 

So go ahead and make Fan concepts. Don't expect Wyrd to look at them, or make them  in the future. 

Couldn't find a wet blanket emoji.

Well, this is a lot less fun, now. 😞

3 hours ago, green-n-dumb said:

Is there any way to share ideas of model concepts with developers?
Or only way to contact is starting new topic in forum?

Well according to @Adran above, Wyrd apparently actively avoids them because it's too difficult to sort out who would be entitled to what as the creator of the idea. 🙄 I have some suggestions about how to get past that too, but I'll refrain from going into detail right here and now.

I'll edit my OP to make it more accurate given @Adran's information.

If anyone would like to discuss the fan-made idea of a Gremlin Mud Gamin, with the caveat that it is not likely to ever be officially created, please feel free.

11 hours ago, green-n-dumb said:

Is there any way to share ideas of model concepts with developers?
Or only way to contact is starting new topic in forum?

I know of no way to do so. (But my knowledge is limited to whats been said in these forums over the past 8 years).

I have no idea on the development process for new models, but they have never reached out to the community for new model ideas, (whilst they have reached out for alternate sculpt ideas). 

Mud Toss removes Conditions, so maybe the Mud Gamin could do that. Ca 5, TN 12, range 6" maybe. Crows Trigger for giving out Slow.

Then maybe a (2)Action to give out Slow in a Pulse.

Low Df but quite high wounds and Impossible to Wound. Maybe a Df Trigger for Slow.

Wk 4 but with Unimpeded and (0)Action Mud Slide giving them a Push with a TN.

A weak Melee Attack but with a Trigger for Poison ("Not in the mouth!") and a Trigger for Slow ("Not in there, either!").

Is that too much Slow?

I also like the idea for giving cover to friendlies. A 3" Aura of Soft Cover that lasts until the Gamin's next Activation.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I think a good idea for a mud gamin would be the ability to put out severe terrain or hazardous terrain. Maybe something like Lilith's totem creating an auras around another model. The gamin itself could just put out an auras of severe terrain while giving nearby friendlies unimpeded in another aura ( or the same aura)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, wobbly_goggy said:

I think it's a great idea. Why not ponder? 

Mud gamin  (and a mud golem...or would that be too bad juju? ) are a great idea. 

What characteristics would they have? Immune to poison? Always have cover/give cover to friendly models I'm an aura kind of like McT and Bush Bushwhackers things? 

Yes, I was thinking that Bad Juju already effectively fills the roll of a mud golem. It could serve as the bigger brother, fluff wise, of both the Mud Gamin and Waldgeists, in my opinion.

Having characteristics similar to things already in the faction could go one of two ways. One way might be good, if they synergize well, i.e. there's some decent reason for taking them both, or something that Mud Gamin were able to do well that the others didn't. But if there's not enough incentive to take Mud Gamin alongside or instead of McT or Bushwhackers, most players would (quite reasonably) say, "Well, I'll just take the models I already own and am familiar with."

6 hours ago, Finalscene said:

I think a good idea for a mud gamin would be the ability to put out severe terrain or hazardous terrain. Maybe something like Lilith's totem creating an auras around another model. The gamin itself could just put out an auras of severe terrain while giving nearby friendlies unimpeded in another aura ( or the same aura)

How would that synergize (or compete) with Waldgeists in a Zoraida crew?