Considering expanding with Lucius

Regelridderen

So I want to add to my collection - yet still haven’t manager to play a game. And since I at some point have my sights set on The Dreamer and Pandora, I though, I might as well cross over via Lucius. I love his models, the crazy bureaucracy aspect to their actions, and so I thought of making a crew like this :

Declared Faction: Guild 
Crew Name: Legalese & Red Tape 50ss 
Leader: Lucius - Cache:(4)
   Deep Pockets 2ss 
   Surprisingly Loyal 1ss 
   Secret Objectives 1ss 
The Scribe 2ss 
Master Queeg 7ss 
   Lead Lined Coat 1ss 
   Promises 1ss 
The Jury 8ss 
   A Debt To The Guild 1ss 
Doppleganger 7ss 
   A Debt To The Guild 1ss 
Guild Lawyer 5ss 
Guild Lawyer 5ss 
Ferdinand Vogel 8ss 

Seems a great concept with werewolves pouncing around, ripping the heads off people, lawyers drowning everyone in fees and Lucius and Queeg whippin’ everyone into action. 

3 minutes ago, Regelridderen said:

So I want to add to my collection - yet still haven’t manager to play a game. And since I at some point have my sights set on The Dreamer and Pandora, I though, I might as well cross over via Lucius. I love his models, the crazy bureaucracy aspect to their actions, and so I thought of making a crew like this :

Declared Faction: Guild 
Crew Name: Legalese & Red Tape 50ss 
Leader: Lucius - Cache:(4)
   Deep Pockets 2ss 
   Surprisingly Loyal 1ss 
   Secret Objectives 1ss 
The Scribe 2ss 
Master Queeg 7ss 
   Lead Lined Coat 1ss 
   Promises 1ss 
The Jury 8ss 
   A Debt To The Guild 1ss 
Doppleganger 7ss 
   A Debt To The Guild 1ss 
Guild Lawyer 5ss 
Guild Lawyer 5ss 
Ferdinand Vogel 8ss 

Seems a great concept with werewolves pouncing around, ripping the heads off people, lawyers drowning everyone in fees and Lucius and Queeg whippin’ everyone into action. 

I have trouble getting value out of secret objectives.  I haven't tried double lawyer since the errata so I look forward to hearing how this list goes.  My initial impression is that it might be a little pillow fisted for the current meta.  

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Regelridderen said:

So how would you tweak it - mind you, I’m not a big fan of the thrall models. 

Thralls would have been my go to, but failing that I agree about a monster Hunter or Graves.  Honestly if the doppel copies jury that could help too.  I find Vogel to not be a reliable beater, but instead to be a weird mix of beater and support/debuff.  

Your list looks like the kind of list I would love to try, but until I see lawyers have an effect on the table I would caution against two of them without knowing what you after getting into.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Regelridderen said:

Me neither. I mean, I don’t like the models either. One of the guys in my meta doesn’t like executioner models, so someday we’ll get a pack of thralls and a pack of executioners and exchange their hands. Not long after Ripples of Fate was released, someone converted executioners with a bit of jewelry chain, and they looked very good.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:
On 4/14/2018 at 10:52 AM, Regelridderen said:

Me neither. I mean, I don’t like the models either.

out of curiosity, why not? I know their DF is crap, but I've managed to pull a lot of nasty stuff with Lucius, so lately 2 thralls are an auto-take for him.

2 hours ago, Figgydor said:

out of curiosity, why not? I know their DF is crap, but I've managed to pull a lot of nasty stuff with Lucius, so lately 2 thralls are an auto-take for him.

I'm fairly certain they are referring to models as in how they look. I'm not a fan of thr sculpts but don't mind the rulesfor them.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Figgydor said:

gotcha. was confused with the "don't like the models either" part

I’ve just gotten too old to buy models/minis, I don’t like the look of. Not that my perception can’t change - I wasn’t particularly fond of the 2nd executioner either, but once I painted him up, I learned to like him :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Regelridderen said:

I’ve just gotten too old to buy models/minis, I don’t like the look of. Not that my perception can’t change - I wasn’t particularly fond of the 2nd executioner either, but once I painted him up, I learned to like him :)

I was the same. Think the belly-fluff on the studio scheme might have had something to do with it. :)

Those witchling thrall models are completely bleh, I've painted many a model because I liked the rules but they are well into scratch-build/conversion/proxy territory. 

• Like 1