I know I just posted about Aionus but...

KingCrow

YOU ALL NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THIS!!!

I think I found a way to make the Oxfordian Mages even more broken - just add Aionus.

Granted that's a 28 point sink but now you have someone to spread slow in case an enemy get too close, he can protect the mages (which has been the one way to truly shut down the Mages), he gets buffed by their aura, makes them fast by letting the Mages discard cards which allows Sandeep to draws more cards and Aionus can get the bonus damage b/c Mages can hand out slow.

So a crew with Sandeep (with a summon upgrade and Unaligned Sage), three mages with their upgrades and Aionus with Warding Runes leaves you with 19 soulstones to still bring whatever you want. Maybe add in the Tutelage upgrade for casting shenanigans from Aionus and this crew seems scary! Each mage could have 3 AP (4 with Furious Casting and their zero with Aionus looming over them to Slow any enemy model within 10" or to beat some face in if needed.

Remember - this is still a combo even if the Temporary Shielding upgrade gets nerfed!

I had completely missed the slows on the Mages when I posted in your other thread. I can’t believe I missed that. 

If you are planning on pitching a bunch of cards and drawing a replacement with the ability off of Unaligned Sage you should probably plan on tossing some healing into your crew to keep Sandeep’s wounds up. 

I mean, if you're not running tutelage to steal his cast, this could be a combo for any master that want's the Mages. Kaeris and Colette have plenty of marker targets to push around, and that's a lot of good Prompt targets too. Playing support style Kaeris you probably have a good amount of cards as well, and a Flying Ch 8 ain't nothing to scoff at. Ironside's can be mostly self reliant, mainly wants the steamfitter and Amina, but that would be about it after her upgrades. Probably no for Ramos/Marcus/Raspy/Mei, though he could move around Ice pillars and Strike markers.

Might want a Steamfitter in there as well for Sandeep, an Aionus that takes half damage -1 from everything and has regen sounds hilarious.

7 hours ago, KingCrow said:

letting the Mages discard cards which allows Sandeep to draws more cards 

Interesting! I never thought about Aionus..

Could i ask you, how to heal sandeep back, for drawing cards?

With this list you have access to 3 discard actions (3 furios casting for 3 mages ) other 3 discard action of min 6 (to give fast for 3 mages) Are 6 hypotetical damages on Sandeep.. Librarian?

Let's not forget that Action Through Inaction is once per activation, so oxfordian mages cannot cycle two cards by gaining fast and furious casting.

Dont get me wrong, fast is great, but I'd rather cycle a card lower than 7 and not spend 14 stones on Aoinus and have a stronger all-round crew, than have fast mages 

I already make a lot of use of Action Through Inaction and find a Medical Automaton is perfect for keeping on top of Sandeep's wounds.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Aye, Action through Inaction is once per activation so it is slightly limited but it sounds like a fun idea to try 😁

3 hours ago, TeddyBear said:

Interesting! I never thought about Aionus..

Could i ask you, how to heal sandeep back, for drawing cards?

With this list you have access to 3 discard actions (3 furios casting for 3 mages ) other 3 discard action of min 6 (to give fast for 3 mages) Are 6 hypotetical damages on Sandeep.. Librarian?

I was thinking of bringing Sloth with the crew for a zero action that heals 3 while giving Slow.  Plus there is the trigger to heal 2 on Sandeep's pull

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hollingydale said:

Let's not forget that Action Through Inaction is once per activation, so oxfordian mages cannot cycle two cards by gaining fast and furious casting.

Dont get me wrong, fast is great, but I'd rather cycle a card lower than 7 and not spend 14 stones on Aoinus and have a stronger all-round crew, than have fast mages 

I already make a lot of use of Action Through Inaction and find a Medical Automaton is perfect for keeping on top of Sandeep's wounds.

If the only reason you’re bringing Aionus is to have Fast Mages, it’s very likely not worth the stones to hire him. If you were already considering hiring him I think it’s a nice trick to have.

Although you could have a Mage discard twice to be Fast and Furious, I think that more often you’d choose one or the other. It’s not uncommon for me to have a Mage Furious Cast to take out a model that I want to ensure gets removed during his activation and wind up with 1 or 2 attacks that go unused. I don’t have any stats on it but it also feels like using a 7-9 to Furious Cast also ends up happening at least semi-regularly. 

Spamming Slow seems like something a crew with the 3 Mages, Aionus, and Sandeep with Commands, Tutelage, and Unaligned Sage would be able to do quite well. I’m not sure if it can do it better than a Tara void spam list but it’s capable of putting out a lot of Slow when it wants to.