Hungry Hungry Hoffman

Morgan Vening

OK, this is a really stupid idea, but ever since I read about Durza's idea in the Essential Undead thread, it's been rattling about my head, and I needed to get it out.

Hoffman with OSA and Field Mechanic.
Sidir with Cyborg
Warden
Domadore
Flesh Construct

In an earlier turn, Hoffman attaches Targetting System, and loops in Sidir and the Warden.

On the turn that matters, the Warden activates, and shoots it's Restraint Claw at the biggest "Living" threat, with a 7:ram(7:ram:ram if the model has activated) thanks to Sidir and the Targetting System. If he gets the double ram, he triggers Paralyze (if he's lucky, he can get two, and the second one is the FC's lunch). Alternately, if the opponent discards all their cards (Misaki, Tara, you playing Austringers, etc), then the Domadore can get a Paralyze with his :meleeattack.

Then Hoffman activates, moves into position, OSA's the Flesh Construct's Devour, and straight up eats the Paralyzed model.

Sure, it's way too conditional, has too many moving parts, but the idea of Hoffman chowing down on the enemy's Master, or Nekima or the like (remembering it needs to be Living, I was disappointed I can't get him to eat Horsemen), is just something I think I need to do at least once. And if the big threat/Master is Living Ht1, it becomes so much easier.

Sure it's 32pts minimum, but none of the models included above are that expensive or out of place, I don't think, and you could drop Sidir if you needed to conserve points (he's primarily there to give the Warden +2Sh, though he obviously has other uses).

Again, credit to Durza for the initial idea.

46 minutes ago, Morgan Vening said:

OK, this is a really stupid idea, but ever since I read about Durza's idea in the Essential Undead thread, it's been rattling about my head, and I needed to get it out.

Hoffman with OSA and Field Mechanic.
Sidir with Cyborg
Warden
Domadore
 Flesh Construct

In an earlier turn, Hoffman attaches Targetting System, and loops in Sidir and the Warden.

On the turn that matters, the Warden activates, and shoots it's Restraint Claw at the biggest "Living" threat, with a 7:ram(7:ram:ram if the model has activated) thanks to Sidir and the Targetting System. If he gets the double ram, he triggers Paralyze (if he's lucky, he can get two, and the second one is the FC's lunch). Alternately, if the opponent discards all their cards (Misaki, Tara, you playing Austringers, etc), then the Domadore can get a Paralyze with his :meleeattack.

Then Hoffman activates, moves into position, OSA's the Flesh Construct's Devour, and straight up eats the Paralyzed model.

Sure, it's way too conditional, has too many moving parts, but the idea of Hoffman chowing down on the enemy's Master, or Nekima or the like (remembering it needs to be Living, I was disappointed I can't get him to eat Horsemen), is just something I think I need to do at least once. And if the big threat/Master is Living Ht1, it becomes so much easier.

Sure it's 32pts minimum, but none of the models included above are that expensive or out of place, I don't think, and you could drop Sidir if you needed to conserve points (he's primarily there to give the Warden +2Sh, though he obviously has other uses).

Again, credit to Durza for the initial idea.

Its really cool, but keep in mind that the warden isn't likely to be able to paralyze a henchman, because they can stone the damage and the paralyze is a damage trigger.

I didn’t manage it. Set up to nom an illuminated and blew the O.S.A. flip. Grieved.

A flesh construct devoured Mr. Graves, but it wasn’t quite the same.

On the other hand, wringing the cards out of the opponent’s hand wasn’t the worst use of my time. Fancy cheating tricks influence a lot less when the hand has been emptied. Jury and the austringer did solve the activation puzzle.

• Like 1