Imbued Energies 1ss 
   Recharge Soulstone 1ss 
Carlos Vasquez 9ss 
   Stunt Double 1ss 
   Practiced Production 1ss 
Slate Ridge Mauler 7ss 
Soulstone Miner 6ss 
Ice Dancer 6ss 

Got 3 for Symbols, 3 for Set Up, and 1 for Punish vs Seamus, who I kept to 1 for Symbols, 2 for Show, and 0 for Punish.

As part of the SL campaign, I played Ironsides w/ veteran fighter, Captain, Johana, Steamfitter, Effigy, and Wind Gamin. 

Symbols, Punish the Weak, Show Of Force, Undercover, Recover Evidence, and Take Prisoner. 

Played against Hoffman thematic list (Box set + Warden & Ryle)

Hoffman's crew had a very bad time against that many Relic Hammers

• 1 month later...

Today I went to a tournament organized by @aquenaton. I had a great time there. A lots of fun and the opportunity to meet the Argentinian Malifaux community.

Round 1 was quite interesting in terms of the involved strategy and schemes. They were the following: Ply for information, Close deployment, Surround them, Show of force, Hold up their forces, Take one for the team, Public Demonstration

This pool made me think quite long---quite a tricky puzzle for me. In the end, I took a risky bet and decided to go for the following list. The bet was "everybody plays fixed lists and, as a consequence, nobody chooses Public demo":

Ramos, with Vox Populi, Arcane Reservoir, Field generator, 5 ss
Malifaux child
Captain, with Patron Blessing, Powered by flame
Amina Naidu, with Warding runes, Bleeding Edge Tech
Lazarus
Union Stramfitter

The idea was to deny Take one for the team with strike markers and burning, while Amina and Ramos would make the enemies peon. I have to thank @retnab for the precious advice he gives in this forum. I took Show of force and Hold up their forces. I was lucky the game went well for me, but which list would have taken in this pool?

14 hours ago, Franchute said:

Today I went to a tournament organized by @aquenaton. I had a great time there. A lots of fun and the opportunity to meet the Argentinian Malifaux community.

Round 1 was quite interesting in terms of the involved strategy and schemes. They were the following: Ply for information, Close deployment, Surround them, Show of force, Hold up their forces, Take one for the team, Public Demonstration

This pool made me think quite long---quite a tricky puzzle for me. In the end, I took a risky bet and decided to go for the following list. The bet was "everybody plays fixed lists and, as a consequence, nobody chooses Public demo":

Ramos, with Vox Populi, Arcane Reservoir, Field generator, 5 ss
Malifaux child
Captain, with Patron Blessing, Powered by flame
Amina Naidu, with Warding runes, Bleeding Edge Tech
Lazarus
Union Stramfitter

The idea was to deny Take one for the team with strike markers and burning, while Amina and Ramos would make the enemies peon. I have to thank @retnab for the precious advice he gives in this forum. I took Show of force and Hold up their forces. I was lucky the game went well for me, but which list would have taken in this pool?

Did you ever get to live the dream and have 6 strike markers out at once?

36 minutes ago, WWHSD said:

Did you ever get to live the dream and have 6 strike markers out at once?

Of course and more than once. The TN number is not crazy high. I also was willing to cheat the duels. In the end, I didnt need that many spiders to play the game.

The table was the typical circus style wyrd table, certainly helpful. I could easily block a "corridor" with the markers.

That's not too different from what I usually bring for Ply. I love the idea of bringing Laz for even more markers, I'm just not 100% sold on it yet. Even at the higher cost I really like Johan(na) with Well Rehearsed, offensive condition removal is great in GG18. Between Ramos and Amina making things peons, and Johanna yelling at people, it can be very hard for your opponent to score any strat points. Your idea on denying points with markers and burning makes it even better. I really love how Ramos can now be played hardly worrying about summoning 

• 2 months later...

played a kind of odd ball list yesterday- Strategy: Extraction, Schemes: Surround Them, Undercover Entourage, Take One for the Team, Public Demonstration, Inescapable Trap

I took Surround Them and Undercover Entourage (Kandara). My list: 

Ironsides w/Union President, Veteran Fighter, Recharge Soulstone

Kandara w/Mantle of Flames (prepped to attack then switch to Human Guise)

Cassandra

Howard Langston w/Imbued Energies

Cojo w/Well Rehearsed

Union Steamfitter

Medical Automaton

My opponent played:

Jacob Lynch w/Endless Hunger & Woke Up With a Hand

Hungering Darkness w/Peaceful Waters

Yamaziko w/Smoke Grenades

Shadow Emissary w/Conflux of Hunger

Izamu w/Recalled Training

Beckoner x 2

Monk of Low River

I know I don't have Mages in the list.....that's ok. The intent was that first turn the Automaton and Cassandra could drop markers in each of my corners (yes, I know I can only score from one of mine, it's a defensive play because the opponent is not likely to be able to get to both), the Steamfitter armors up Ironsides, Howard only attacks if something gets too close, Cojo preps for the turn two push, and Ironsides goes in near the end of turn to prep for turn two when she will try to lock down as much of his crew as possible. Turn two and later Ironsides would lock up as much as possible, Howard would kill key select models, Kandara would pick easy targets and work towards the back field, and Cassandra would either work towards the opposing corner or reinforce in the center if needed. The Automaton would support and keep things out of trouble and Cojo would push his stuff away from the extraction marker.....

The reality was after armoring up Ironsides the Steamfitter got lured all the way across the board where she was obeyed to Sheet Metal up Izamu and then killed by Huggy. Cassandra and the Automaton dropped markers in my corners and moved inwards to support the crew.....should have used Kandara for the second corner not the Automaton; using him left him far enough back he wasn't going to be able to support my models in the center until turn two. I was intending to play fairly conservatively first turn anyway so not that big a deal. We burned through activations with the only other notable action being that his Yamaziko dropped markers in his corner and he overextended the LRM where Howard could get it in safety. Ironsides blitzed in on him did damage to a Beckoner (down to 1 wound), got some adrenaline, and then used Rush 'Em to teleport on the back side of Huggy so Izamu couldn't counter charge and would have to walk attack reducing his potential attacks by one. He attacked twice with Izamu, did minor damage, I stoned once, gained adrenaline twice, and did a couple of points of damage back. Cojo double walked and used Rude Sign Language to push a couple of more of his models by Ironsides in preparation for next turn. He took Cojo down to hard to kill with Lynch. 

Turn two he activated first and went after Ironsides with Izamu instead of finishing off Cojo. Ironsides activated after gaining adrenaline was up to 10 adrenaline and went on a killing spree. She killed off a Beckoner and Huggy and ended up charging Lynch and putting him down to half wounds and put up her Challenge aura. He poured more into Ironsides with the other Beckoner and the Automaton came up to heal Cojo (walk, Code Red, Fix You Right Up) and position to be able to use Bedside Manner on Ironsides if needed. The Emissary made Yamaziko fast and pushed over to attack in support of his other models. Kandara moved up and threw a knife at the Beckoner and switched into Human Guise. Yamaziko walked, Nimbled, dropped a scheme marker. Cassandra pulled back to attack Yamaziko, Lynch went in on Ironsides, the Automaton yanked her back where Lynch couldn't see her and with his last attack Lynch dropped Cojo back to Hard to Kill. Cojo walked and pushed his shoving Izamu and the remaining Beckoner away from the extraction marker and Howard finished off Lynch. End of turn I score 1 pt for extraction and move the marker.

Turn 3 he is pretty disheartened as he is down Lynch, Huggy, and a Beckoner and Izamu is out of position blocked by his Beckoner where he can't do anything until at least second activation. Automaton heals Cojo back up above Hard to Kill and casts Fix You Right Up on Cojo and on Ironsides. Izamu is out of range of the Emissary's fast and the Emissary comes back to reinforce and try to bail out Yamaziko but can't reach Cassandra with his cast (turns out Yamaziko was his Undercover Entourage target). The Beckoner goes down to Ironsides who moves back to block Izamu but be in position to be able to be pulled back by Bedside Manner. Cassandra lives through Yamaziko (he burned a lot of cards but I had stones left) and Cassandra finishes her off in return. Kandara moves up to make the sprint towards the other board edge. Howard drops markers in the corner. End of turn 3 I score 1 more point for extraction, move the marker and have markers down for 2 of 3 points for surround them. He has markers down for 2 of 3 points for surround them but if I win initiative I can Nimble, pick one up with Cassandra, and then run from the Emissary behind terrain. 

Turn 4 he is down to Izamu and the Emissary so after initiative when the writing is on the wall we call it. He had taken surround them which I would have been able to fully deny and he had taken Undercover on Yamaziko which I had killed. I had taken Undercover on Kandara which I was able to score 3 pts for as well as 3 pts for Extraction (turns 2-4) and we agreed that I would be able to score it again on turn 5 as well as get Kandara back to the last corner to place another marker and score 3 pts for Surround Them. Extrapolated out it was a 10-0 win....

I felt bad for him because it was so one sided. He underestimated how well Ironsides could tank with armor, stones, the ability to get more stones, and the trigger to heal on her attack from Veteran Fighter. The Medical Automaton was definitely an MVP in this game. Bedside Manner is amazing if you are able to position where you can take advantage of it. Code Red was incredibly good as well. This dude is so good for his points. Don't think I will play this opponent again without the Automaton being a higher priority target for him. 

My son (Aaron) and I played in a Malifaux team tournament in Phoenix on Saturday (18AUG) at Games U ran by the Phoneix Henchman Richard.  

My son played Jacob Lynch using some combination of Lynch, Hungering Darkness, Shadow Emissary, Izamu the Armor, Low River Monk, and 2 x Beckoners. 

I played Toni Ironsides (and had a busy painting week getting all of it except Miss Step done in the 3 days prior to the event) using some combination of Ironsides, Union Steamfitter, Medical Automaton, Kandara, Cojo, and Miss Step (alternate Howard Langston) in each game.

It was 60 SS crew, 30 SS each, 1 Master each, fixed faction/master- but not fixed list, each half of the team could be different factions. Shared cache, fate deck, separate hands, alternating activations.

Strategies & Schemes:

RD 1- Strategy: Extraction (Flank Deployment), Schemes: Surround Them, Eliminate the Leadership*, Covert Breakthrough, Hold Up Their Forces, Search the Ruins

RD 2- Strategy: Public Executions (Close Deployment), Schemes: Eliminatethe Leadership*, Dig Their Graves, Undercover Entourage, Inescapable Trap, Show of Forces

RD 3- Strategy: Supply Wagons (Standard Deployment), Schemes: Guarded Treasure, Eliminate the Leadership*, Covert Breakthrough, Hold Up Their Forces, Search the Ruins

*Eliminate was “adjusted” so you score 1 x VP for each enemy leader reduced to 0 wounds, killed, or sacrificed and then 1 x VP if there are no enemy leaders in play at the end of the game for a max of 3 VP. 

Battle Reports (abbreviated):

Game 1 we took Covert Breakthrough and Search the Ruins. Our thought process was with 60 SS plus an extra master the games weren’t going to go full five turns so we wanted things we could prep immediately to score. 

I played Ironsides w/Union President, Veteran Fighter, Recharge Soulstone; Kandara w/Human Guise; Cojo w/Well Rehearsed; Union Steamfitter; and a Medical Automaton. Cojo was a defensive tech piece to push them away from the Extraction marker, etc. Aaron took Lynch w/Cheating Bastard & Woke Up With a Hand; Huggy w/Smoke Grenades; Shadow Emissary w/Conflux of Hunger; Izamu w/Hidden Agenda; and a Beckoner. 

They played semi-rat engine Hamelin and a sniper and Collodi changeling copy the sniper spam with the Emissary for more plus flips..... probably would have been really nasty had Ironsides not balled up with 3-4 of their models blocking the shooting lanes early before they could pick everything apart.

Short version is Steamfitter gave Ironsides armor. Huggy pushed Kandara and made her fast, then pushed Ironsides with the (0). Ironsides triple walked to pin them in their deployment zone (corner) and put up her Challenge aura. Kandara went back to start dropping markers for Covert. Everything else advanced and positioned for turn two or dropped markers for Search. 

Rest of the game was Ironsides tanking (armor + 6 stones + using all my cards defensively since I didn’t need them for offense) to keep them pinned in and our other stuff positioning and dropping markers with Cojo pushing models out of the Extraction zone that got around Ironsides so we would control moving the marker. 

With the amount of models they had with making rats, re-activating rats, etc and all the Collodi tricks and leadership checks from the challenge aura + Ironsides tanking and hitting back we made two turns. We could have started a third but wouldn’t have made it more than maybe half way so stopped after two. 

End of game we won 7-1. We scored 1 for Extraction, 3 for Search, and 3 for Covert. They got 1 pt. 

Aside:I was really concerned about the amount of turns we got in and talked to a number of the other teams and it appeared that almost no one made it past turn 3 and the average was 2-3 turns. In a normal event I would be really disappointed and think something was wrong if I found out a game only went 2-3 turns but in this case with 60SS + a second master, 4 players, 2 hands, etc I just don’t think 2 hours was enough time. I didn’t feel like anyone was slow playing an although in our game the rat engine stuff on the other side obviously adds to the time but even then I don’t think that was the issue as much as the additional complexity of the team and multiple master dynamic. I players had a lot more experience playing this style of game it would probably go quicker but for most of us it was probably the first time we had ever played something in this format. My son and I had at least set down with our table at home prior with randomly generated terrain, put our models on the board, and talked through the strategies and schemes (though at that point I was planning on playing Ressers) so we at least had an idea about how we wanted to approach each game but it still isn’t the same as applying the plan against two other players. 

Game 2 we didn’t stick to the plan. All the schemes except Undercover and Public Demo were incremental so we should have taken those two schemes and with the Beckoners probably could have got the Public Demo easily but instead we took Undercover Entourage on Kandara (good choice) and Dig Their Graves (Bad Choice) but it didn’t end up hurting us too much in the end. 

I played Ironsides w/Union President, Veteran Fighter, and Recharge Soulstones; Kandara w/Human Guise and Imbued Energies; Miss Step w/Well Rehearsed; and Medical Automaton. Aaron played Lynch w/Cheating Bastard and Woke Up With a Hand; Huggy w/Smoke Grenades; Izamu w/Peaceful Waters; 2 x Beckoners, and A Monk of Low River. 

They played a blasty Rasputina list and an Asami list with Betty and a lot of Yokai.... I think their plan was Inescapable Trap and Public Demo tricks with the Yokai while Raspy blasted for the Public Executions but they never scored/revealed anything but Inescapable. 

They split forces so we played a variant of our game one approach. I blitzed in with Toni and tied up all the Raspy crew without attacking anything that could freeze her. Aaron drug in Asami with the Beckoners and knocked her down so she was an easy kill first activation round 2 for the Strategy and a point of Dig Their Graves. Kandara bypassed the Asami crew after they advanced forward and headed for a hidden position in the back. 

The Raspy player blocked LOS to Ironsides to get a Blessed free but overextended it and Miss Step killed it for another Shed Blood. Ironsides tanked some more and killed a Silent One for more stones to tank with. The LRM started removing Flicker on the Yokai and Lynch annihilated Betty with Final Debt and shooting. 

They wanted to call it at that point as we had pretty much decimated all their key models and they would be starting turn 3 with basically Raspy, Snow Storm, and a Yokai and we had all our crews full up. In normal circumstances we should have either forced the concession or another round to increase our differential but went ahead and ended it winning 5-3. We scored 3 for Undercover, 1 for Dig, 1 for Public Executions. They scored 3 for Inescapable.

Game 3 we were going into the last round facing the only other undefeated team playing a combination of Zipp and Perdita. Back on track we chose Search and Covert for our schemes. 

I played the same Ironsides list I played in game 2 and Aaron played his Lynch list from game 1 substituting Yamaziko in place of the Beckoner. We had planned this out prior and with Yamaziko and Huggy (after Fast and the extra (0) push from the Emissary) he could push the wagon across the line just with them and everything else could start dropping markers, running interference to block them from our wagon, and keep theirs across the line while we controlled the center. 

As you could guess from the previous reports I played aggressively with Miss Step killing a Death Marshal and trading her for AP from multiple models. I probably should have held her longer until I could get the Automaton in position to use Bedside Manner to pull it her out of danger. Meanwhile Aaron pushed our wagon deep and then I launched Ironsides into the middle of their crew to prevent them from being able to do anything with about half the crews and stopping them from moving their wagon. 

The Automaton and Kandara had dropped markers and Izamu moved up to control the center keeping LOS blocking terrain between him and Perdita (plus the big Ironsides combat helped reduce firing lines too). The next turn played out about the same- Huggy almost killed Zipp who retreated, we dropped more markers, picked off a couple of more models, and Ironsides tanked all the way to the end of the turn finally dying on Perdita’s last attack.... she had done her job though and their wagon was still in their deployment zone. 

On turn 3 Kandara went in and took Ironsides place with a double walk after Perdita’s activation tying everything back up again with the (-) to attack her from Human Guise. Zipp got to the back corner and dropped one scheme marker. He had brought someone else with him but the Emissary killed it before it could drop any more markers. 

Game ended at the bottom of 3, we won 7-2. We scored 2 for Supply Wagons, 3 for Search, and 2 for Covert. They had 1 for Covert and 1 for Guarded Treasure. 

All in all it was a great game and felt much closer than the score would indicate. Chris and Joe were great guys to play against but just couldn’t get their wagon across the center or get in position to score more from Guarded. The way we played forced them to spend too much AP reacting to us and on things like trying to kill when it wasn’t scoring points for them.