So my group of 5 is part way through the second session and so far we've lost 6 characters. We are all fairly experienced players with our main campaign having been going for about a year now with no deaths. Is this campaign this difficult for everyone else or is my party just getting super unlucky?

1 hour ago, EagerPayload said:

So my group of 5 is part way through the second session and so far we've lost 6 characters. We are all fairly experienced players with our main campaign having been going for about a year now with no deaths. Is this campaign this difficult for everyone else or is my party just getting super unlucky?

It doesnt look like u are way experienced ... My group even starting fight without my character didn't suffer casualties. Two of them were very close but we managed to save them.

And its not the best theme to discuss to it might end up with spoilers

18 minutes ago, Rillan said:

It doesnt look like u are way experienced ... My group even starting fight without my character didn't suffer casualties. Two of them were very close but we managed to save them.

And its not the best theme to discuss to it might end up with spoilers

With half the group starting from when the Kickstarter was released and having run through defence of innocence and numerous other mission with no issues can assure you that we are experienced. But some of the tns and damage spreads just seem to be much higher than what we've ever experienced especially with the starting level characters. Just things like having to do in excess of 30 wounds to kill something while it basically instakills characters is insane.

Hmmm... My group run through Act I and easily killed all enemies they faced. At the end they was curious about why this campaign is so easy and asked to make some difficulties for Act II...

Do you play with the 2nd redaction of Rules? There are a lot of changes, and another game balance. If you use old rules with new characters, it will be difficult for players.

Also my party ends with TPK to, but they know, that just because of only their mistakes. 

Good luck in Act II for you, guys!)

As far as reported games go, so far we're on par with the previous worldwide campaigns in terms of character deaths and TPKs.

Because TTB is cards, though, sometimes the deck just turns on you.

Mine survived. However, they went to the Japanese and Guild headquarters first and I gave them a chance with a high Bureaucracy check and Karlheinz nailed it, so they got some Guild Guards. While the team made it through, most of the Guild Guard did not. It's what the Guild gets for literally giving their men red shirts.

My characters were barely touched during our playthrough. Everything they faced fell like wheat before a hurricane. Which was nice.

I think sometimes stuff goes wrong. (I'm sure I could paraphrase that.... oh yeah... Bad Things Happen).

I've been playing TTB since the kickstarter, so my experience level is comparable to yours.

• Like 1