Eliminate the Leadership and Dig Their Graves in GG18

Clement

Question

Can these two schemes be scored at the same time from the beating a master up?

Eliminate the Leadership scores, 'The first time the leader is reduced to 0 wounds, killed, or sacrificed'.

Does that extra language about 0 wounds get it around the limitations on only scoring one scheme from the death?

Edit with Relevant rules texts:

from Eliminate the Leadership:

The first time the enemy Leader is reduced to 0 Wounds, Killed, or Sacrificed this Crew earns 1 VP.

from Dig Their Graves:

Once per turn, after this Crew kills or sacrifices an enemy non-Peon model that is within 4" of one or more Scheme Markers friendly to this Crew, this Crew earns 1 VP.

from page 11:

If any two Schemes would earn any VP off the same model being killed or sacrificed, you must choose only one of your Schemes to score from.

10 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, WWHSD said:

Would that change if the model was killed by something like Howard's Decapitate trigger that just outright kills a model without dropping it to 0 Wd?

Yes. if you are scoring eliminate the leadership because they are killed or sacrificed, then you can't use it for dig the graves. But if you are scoring eliminate the leadership because they are reduced to 0 wounds (which may or may not result in them being killed) then you are not scoring it because they are killed or sacrificed, so you aren't scoring 2 schemes from 1 model being killed or sacrificed. 

It makes sense, but it doesn't feel intentional.  I know the "reduced to 0 wounds" language was put in on these types of schemes specifically for things like Levi and Hamlin to make this scheme playable into them, but it seems in doing so they opened the door to double scoring off a single game event (I know technically it's not the same event, but be real, it completely is).

Short of errata or faq though, that's where we are I guess.

42 minutes ago, katadder said:

i'm not sure because of the following sentence from GG18:

If any two Schemes would earn any VP off the same model being killed or sacrificed, you must choose only one of your Schemes to score from.

You are only scoring 1 point from the model being killed, the other is from the model being reduced to 0.

Just now, Flinroz said:

You are only scoring 1 point from the model being killed, the other is from the model being reduced to 0.

Would that change if the model was killed by something like Howard's Decapitate trigger that just outright kills a model without dropping it to 0 Wd?

Just now, Clement said:

It makes sense, but it doesn't feel intentional.  I know the "reduced to 0 wounds" language was put in on these types of schemes specifically for things like Levi and Hamlin to make this scheme playable into them, but it seems in doing so they opened the door to double scoring off a single game event (I know technically it's not the same event, but be real, it completely is).

Short of errata or faq though, that's where we are I guess.

U forgot to mention that it's completely broken against McCabe since taking out 7 Wounds is way easy.

14 minutes ago, Rillan said:

U forgot to mention that it's completely broken against McCabe since taking out 7 Wounds is way easy.

If you don't take out McCabe and he gets a chance to activate before you can finish him off he can sacrifice himself to unmount. You can't score the 2nd or 3rd point until you kill Dismounted McCabe.

4 minutes ago, Rillan said:

I'm far more comfortable with a master being a terrible plan into a particular strat/scheme then an amazing plan that literally denies scoring it.

One of those you can easily avoid by just not picking that master, the other you can't because your opponent is picking.

1 hour ago, WWHSD said:

Yes, because Decapitate itself doesn't do damage to them, it just kills them. This also means if they're above half after the damage from the attack you don't score for reducing them to half either.

• Like 2