Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
WWHSD

Quality of life upgrade you wish your faction had?

Recommended Posts

I was just thinking it would be great if Arcanists had a 2 stone Rare 1 upgrade that gave the model with the upgrade attached a 1AP action to drop 2 scrap markers and then discard the upgrade. If the model with the upgrade attached is killed it drops 2 scrap markers in addition to whatever markers it would normally drop.

It would get rid of the BS around killing one of your own models with Joss to get scrap for Ramos (or Rasputina I guess) but still cost soulstones and AP to do it. It’s a little cheaper than hiring a 3 stone model to kill because it isn’t giving an extra activation turn 1 and it is eating up an upgrade slot on a model.

Are there any upgrades you’d like to see for your faction that aren’t really power boosters or game changers but just streamline some aspect of the game?

  • Agree 3
  • Respectfully Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@WWHD i think your idea would make Ramos broken and end up with Nerf Ramons whining theme. 
Ramos now is completely balanced and his ability to summon 3 models per turn is pretty damn helpfull in either way he goes and all u need is to kill your 3SS model. On turn 1 u loose 2 activations to get 3, and with your upgrade it will end up with no loses and 5 activations. 

Thanks no !
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Rillan said:

@WWHD i think your idea would make Ramos broken and end up with Nerf Ramons whining theme. 
Ramos now is completely balanced and his ability to summon 3 models per turn is pretty damn helpfull in either way he goes and all u need is to kill your 3SS model. On turn 1 u loose 2 activations to get 3, and with your upgrade it will end up with no loses and 5 activations. 

Thanks no !
 

Huh? I don't see how you are coming up with that. If anything, you'd be slightly worse off in trying to out activate your opponent if you used the upgrade instead of hiring a sacrificial Toolkit.

You'd spend 2 stones to put an upgrade on Joss (or another Henchman, Enforcer, or even Ramos himself). Joss would activate, spend the same 1AP it would have taken to kill a Mobile Toolkit and discard the upgrade to drop two scrap. The big difference is you don't have the Mobile Toolkit padding out your activations the first turn. There would still be people that would prefer to spend 3SS just have Joss kill a Mobile Toolkit so they'd have that extra throw away activation and potentially the buffs that Toolkit could hand out. Seems like it would work out to be more or less the same result for a similar cost.

If allowing a model other than Joss to make the two scrap for Ramos is somehow game breaking just make the upgrade restricted to Joss.
 

Also, I'd love to be able to consistently summon 3 spiders with Ramos during turn one. In 10 games with him, I think I've managed it like 3 times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@WWHSD

We have a Ramos player in our community. He is quite lucky with the summons and like 2 from 5 turns he summons exactly 3 spiders.
Problem is Joss is not the only model that goes well with killing Mobile Toolkit. Ramos + any model with magnetism do it pretty well too and it works like on Turn 1 Mobile Toolkit goes it's two WK actions then (if u dont want to waste Joo activation) Ramos + Metal gamin (example) kill it with magnetism and summon 3 spiders. If after this with your upgrade it will be full of scraps all over in scraps IMHO it will be too strong and even models that can remove scrap wont even help a lot since it will end up with Ramos laughning - Somebody stop me ! ©

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Rillan said:

@WWHSD

We have a Ramos player in our community. He is quite lucky with the summons and like 2 from 5 turns he summons exactly 3 spiders.
Problem is Joss is not the only model that goes well with killing Mobile Toolkit. Ramos + any model with magnetism do it pretty well too and it works like on Turn 1 Mobile Toolkit goes it's two WK actions then (if u dont want to waste Joo activation) Ramos + Metal gamin (example) kill it with magnetism and summon 3 spiders. If after this with your upgrade it will be full of scraps all over in scraps IMHO it will be too strong and even models that can remove scrap wont even help a lot since it will end up with Ramos laughning - Somebody stop me ! ©

I'm not really seeing what you're getting at. I don't see how replacing a sacrificial model with a sacrificial upgrade gets Ramos rolling in scrap that he wouldn't have now.  

Currently:
Mobile toolkit activates, buffs Howard, walks forward.
Joss activates, charges toolkit, drops two scrap.
Ramos activates and summons 1-3 spiders.

With upgrade:
Joss activates, walks forward, spends 1AP to drop 2 scrap and discard upgrade.
Ramos activates and summons 1-3 spiders.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like idea behind this upgrade, however, the execution of it isn't best in my opinion. I'd suggest something like this:

Steamfitter Training

1 SS, Arcanists, living, rare 1

This model gains following abilities:

Creative Salvage: Models killed by this model drop a Scrap marker in addition to any other markers dropped.

Spare Parts: After determining initiative for the first turn, this model may discard any number of cards. Place a scrap marker on your half of the battlefield for each two cards discarded.

Creative salvage would be helpful for a ramos crew to obtain scraps more reliably (by killing opponents or even your own model without the help of Joss -if a player somehow decides to play Ramos without him). Second ability is similiar to wave 5 upgrade for Nicodem - Cricling Buzzards, and for me discarding two cards for a marker is nice fair trade during the first turn.

Back to the topic - I was thinking about something like this:

Stolen Goods

1 SS, Outcasts, bandit or mercenary, non-master rare 2

This model gains following abilities:

Finders Keepers: At start of this model activation, it  may discard an enemy scheme marker within 2" of itself. If it does, draw a card then discard a card.

What's in the box?: At start of this model activation, it may discard this upgrade to attach an upgrade from the enemy player faction, following all restriction for attaching upgrades except faction restriction.

Basically - it's reverse Thousand Faces. 

EDIT: Few small changes.

  • Like 2
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I support more Creative Salvage in the world (that’s my only sadness, that @Freman‘s idea to give that to the little mechromancer didn’t pan out) but like @Cedar‘s rewrite more than the original.

On the other upgrade, stealing upgrades out of faction is way too powerful. That would have to be a master level restriction! (It wouldn’t fix the high TNs of Parker, but it would give people a few weeks of fun trying to find a general upgrade which makes him worthy.)

I’m not sure what Guild needs right now. The newer general upgrades were such a relief to get. In truth we might at some point get Debt to the Guild toned down to be discarded for the card draw & damage boost. I wonder if an upgrade (cost ???, rare 1) to prevent the beater from randomizing when shooting into combat would do—one frequent complaint is that Judge’s ‘pull’ repositioning action randomizes and is therefore useless.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Gnomezilla

Recalled training in guild would be neat for Sonnia and a few others. :) Not sure we really need it but I have always been eyeing it jealously because most of our upgrades (the ones that count) are non-master.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

@Gnomezilla

Recalled training in guild would be neat for Sonnia and a few others. :) Not sure we really need it but I have always been eyeing it jealously because most of our upgrades (the ones that count) are non-master.

Nah, if we Talk about Guild i would prefer an Upgrade that probably would cost 2 but give master Perfect Camouflage and Stubborn since we have nothing in General Upgrades about Protection and lots of our lack on defending.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gremlins

Caffeinated; rare 2, Non-leader, 1 SS

Bottled Lightning: Discard this upgrade. Target friendly, non-leader model within 3" gains the Jitters condition until end of turn.

Jitters: This model has a :-flipfor all duels. This model gains the Reactivate ability.

 

I personally think this would be hilarious just to think about, and really helps Gremlins do what they do best: Have hordes of sometimes inefficient AP. Condition removal would help a lot to counter the effectiveness of this.

Could also be used in conjunction with BBB for some interesting shenanigans. Make someone Reactivate, then Sober them up again so they feel all better. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2018 at 9:46 PM, Rillan said:

Nah, if we Talk about Guild i would prefer an Upgrade that probably would cost 2 but give master Perfect Camouflage and Stubborn since we have nothing in General Upgrades about Protection and lots of our lack on defending.

You can probably thank Frank and the Guardian for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arcanists

Title: Joining the Circus

Cost: 1

Rare 3, Minion only

Attach this upgrade to a minion. Ignore upgrade restrictions. 

This model gains the Showgirl characteristic and +1 Walk.

...Joining the Work Force: Discard this upgrade at the beginning of this model's activation to draw a card and gain Armor +1 until the end of the turn.

 

This would allow some play with Colette's new upgrade that is crap-tastic by allowing Showgirl minion models to gain Focused +1.  There's a few other interactions that could occur as well such as the Mannequins push and... I don't remember any others. lol.  Still though, this might help and could be powerful as we have a few decent minions.

Edit: This might be kind of strong though.  Maybe reduce the cost down to 0 and just have the discard effect be something to just draw a card.  Call it "Misplaced Confidence" or something.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2018 at 2:09 AM, SAYNE said:

Gremlins

Caffeinated; rare 2, Non-leader, 1 SS

Bottled Lightning: Discard this upgrade. Target friendly, non-leader model within 3" gains the Jitters condition until end of turn.

Jitters: This model has a :-flipfor all duels. This model gains the Reactivate ability.

 

I personally think this would be hilarious just to think about, and really helps Gremlins do what they do best: Have hordes of sometimes inefficient AP. Condition removal would help a lot to counter the effectiveness of this.

Could also be used in conjunction with BBB for some interesting shenanigans. Make someone Reactivate, then Sober them up again so they feel all better. 

 

 

This would be hideously good for Brewmaster. Reactivating Moon Shinobi on plus flips for everything would be insane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Haagrum said:

This would be hideously good for Brewmaster. Reactivating Moon Shinobi on plus flips for everything would be insane.

Agreed, although it's only for one turn and a max of two since the upgrade would be discarded

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, SAYNE said:

Agreed, although it's only for one turn and a max of two since the upgrade would be discarded

Anything that lets the game see more Brewie and moon shinobi sounds good in my book.

  • Like 2
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have another idea for an Outcasts upgrade:

Servant of the Tyrants

1 SS, rare 2, non-leader

Manifestation of true power: Whenever another friendly model is summoned or unburies within :aura4 this model may heal 1 wound.

Their Will: Once per game, whenever friendly leader declares CA action it may draw LOS and range from this model for the duration of the action.

Alnost all Outcasts masters have CA actions either printed on their stat card or on upgrades. Using Unmaking/Obey/Downburst/The Clock is Ticking/Suppresed Memories from unexpected angles is great increase of threat range and offers many new possibilities. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Limited upgrade for Tara, which allows her to summon Void Wretches with giving them Flicker +1 and maybe some way to increase condition value like Asami does. It would support Wretches' background on having temporal existence and also description that Tara brings them from Void on the battlefield. And some restriction like one use per activation/turn, so Tara would not abuse it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2018 at 7:39 AM, Haagrum said:

This would be hideously good for Brewmaster. Reactivating Moon Shinobi on plus flips for everything would be insane.

a reactivating Fingers (maybe after a little Taxi+Fast From an Iron SKeeter)? i can already hear the screams of "NERF THIS"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mature Nephilim - 0ss. Wing buffet can be taken as a (0) action. Upgrade does not count against the upgrade limit.

I love the Mature Nephilim but he’s pretty overshadowed by Nekima. This gives him a niche that Nekima doesn’t fill, being unable to be tarpitted.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This would be completely and utterly broken, but Yasumori would love access to Retributions Eye... :P

For that matter, Nekima would love access to it too!

3 hours ago, -Loki- said:

Mature Nephilim - 0ss. Wing buffet can be taken as a (0) action. Upgrade does not count against the upgrade limit.

I love the Mature Nephilim but he’s pretty overshadowed by Nekima. This gives him a niche that Nekima doesn’t fill, being unable to be tarpitted.

I've been advocating for this for a very, very long time.  I also wouldn't mind seeing all the three core male Nephilim, but especially the Mature and Young getting Eat Your Fill.  It seems very fluffy for them and I don't think would put them over the top.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×