Sign in to follow this  
VonGamer

Gremlins with what I've Got So Far

Greets all: Slowly building up my Gremlins. I've only played 1 game so far as Outcasts. Ended in a Tie. Anyway - back to gremlins. So far I've acquired 2 Closing Times box sets, the Bayou Box, The Kin Box, 6 Rooster Riders,Old Cranky,Sammy LaCroix,Burt Jebsen,3 Bayou Bushwackers, a Whiskey Golem. About time I started figuring out a play style with what I've got so far. My other Crews include the Guild,Outcasts,Ten Thunders. I also have the 2e Starter Box. By far the most models in Gremlins and Guild. I have the 2e Rulebook, Schemes and Strategies Cards,and the Broken Promises Master Upgrades. So - If you put a temporary halt to buying more miniatures - do my gremlins so far point to any particular game play style? Your thoughts appreciated. (by the way - man are these models fiddly to assemble with my old hands!)

From what I'm seeing, you have a strong Ophelia list. Her entire box, except rami, always come with my crew. Just add Burt jebson for a solid beater, Sammy for debuff and kin synergy, and you could throw in bayou gremlins or rooster riders. I like to use rooster riders as extremely fast scheme runners, and bayou gremlins for activation control. Up to you.

Just dont start play gremlins as Brewmaster.
If I managed resources that you have i'd bought box of bayou gremlins+slop haulers for making your games more comfortable with Somer and Ophelia.

I see 2 very nice and fun ways to get in gremlin gameplay:

Ophelia and her crewbox (totems, Franc, Raphael), wave 5 upgrades, 1-2 slops, Burt, Fingers for deploy/marker schemes - its nice core and you will feel what to add next.
Somer with 3 bayous(and better to have at least 3 more for summon), 1-2 slops, totems, Burt, Franc, Raphael, Fingers for shemes.

Just dont start with Brewmaster if you are pretty new player - it can be not comfortable to play with him and too many looses on start.
Cant even imagine how you could get 2 boxes in one time (but i have 2 his boxes as well :Drunk::D)

• Agree 1

I agree with what green-n-dumb says.

While I love playing Brewmaster I don't think that he is strong enough to start playing with.

Key to Ophelia in my Opinion are the Wave 5 Upgrades. Being able to use two (0)-Actions and to place those Junk Markers erverywhere is soooooo good. I found that "Ooo a Girl!"-ing and then "Your Turn!"-ing Pere can be devastating to the enemy.

Also Raphael with Dirty Cheater is a Monster.

I'd throw in a Merris Lacroix into your Mix. she works well with everything Schememarker-related and protects your guys from Blasts.

Personally... I'd skip the second Box of Bayous and use the "Young Lacroix" and the "Bayou Bushwhakers" as "Counts as"-Proxies.

But  I'd definetly go for a box of Slop Haulers. They bring nice healing and decent fighting-/firepower to the board.

4 hours ago, Davie said:

Personally... I'd skip the second Box of Bayous and use the "Young Lacroix" and the "Bayou Bushwhakers" as "Counts as"-Proxies.

Not every community is proxie-friendly so its 50/50.