Unique Levi combos

Manxfaux

1 hour ago, Davos said:

Also doesn't help I can't look at the exact wording on the card right now :(

That's wording from card: Until the end of the turn, when an enemy model within 3:ToS-Aura: of this model or a friendly Statue Marker suffers damage from Ca Action, it suffer +1 damage. 

16 minutes ago, KID55 said:

That's wording from card: Until the end of the turn, when an enemy model within 3:ToS-Aura: of this model or a friendly Statue Marker suffers damage from Ca Action, it suffer +1 damage. 

Based on that, I'm guessing it would stack...min4 Levi, let'ssss goooooo

Medical automaton don't heal constructs, and that's very sadly. Because of else we can try that:

50 SS Outcasts Crew
Leveticus + 2 Pool
- Pariah of Iron (1)
- Desolate Soul (2)
Hollow Waif (0)
Hollow Waif (0)
Aionus (12)
Rusty Alyce (10)
Hodgepodge Emissary (10)
Obsidian Statue (9)
Medical Automaton (5)

Statue moves forward, turn on the first aura, Emissary give Med. automaton acomplise and statue regeneration. Alice reactivates statue, med. automaton activate as chain activation, use Code Red and heal twice (=( but he can't), than, statue activates again, move forward, turn on the second aura, Aionus place statue marker in enemy crowd, activates Leveticus, sac one wife and jump forward, and pew-pew-pew with min 4, spam aboms. 

But we need Librarian, she's 7 SS cost and we can't take Desolate soul in that case(

Plus, on the first turn, we may only position, and do dirty things on a second.

Is it actually Df 3? Cause that's just painful....and probably why I haven't seen him proxied at all... :(

I think we don't really need to run Aionus, we cut him for the librarian and a necopunk, that brings activations up to 9 (I think, math is hard guys...) and then you don't need the push tricks as much, since you *should* outactivate your opponent 

On 4/19/2018 at 1:32 AM, KID55 said:

Are we sure that this stacks? The prerequisite for taking extra damage is that the enemy model is within the aura "of this model or a friendly Statue Marker". The marker drops at the end of the Statue's activation. On my reading, there's only one source of the bonus damage.

It's still nice, but not quite as über as +2 damage on all casting attacks for models within range of both the Statue and the marker.

On 4/22/2018 at 2:30 AM, Haagrum said:

Are we sure that this stacks? The prerequisite for taking extra damage is that the enemy model is within the aura "of this model or a friendly Statue Marker". The marker drops at the end of the Statue's activation. On my reading, there's only one source of the bonus damage.

It's still nice, but not quite as über as +2 damage on all casting attacks for models within range of both the Statue and the marker.

This has split into 2 questions which is where the confusion is.

Firstly if you reactivate the statue do you get +2 damage (assumign you do Dark energies twice) and the answer is yes

From the call out box on page 63

All other effects in the game which are not Conditions always stack unless
they state otherwise. For example, enemy models within a1 of Canine
Remains suffer -1 Df. If an enemy model is within range of two Canine
Remains, it will suffer -2 Df. Another example, the Rush of Magic Ability
allows the Crew to draw one additional card in the Draw Phase and then
discard a card. If a Crew contains two models with the Rush of Magic
ability, that Crew would draw two additional cards in the Draw Phase and
then discard two cards.

Vent steam says (Until the beginning of this models next activation all Sh and Ca attack actions taken against models within :aura4 suffer:-flip.

and the FAQ 

If Mei Feng uses the Vent Steam Action multiple times during a single Turn, do the auras stack? In
other words, if she takes the Vent Steam Action twice, would a model targeting her with a Ca Attack
Action suffer two -?
Yes, the model would suffer two - as the auras stack. Effects in the game generally stack unless they are a
Condition without a +/- number or say otherwise (Stacking Core Rulebook, pg. 53).

So both times you use Dark energies  you put up a +1 damage aura, meaning that there are 2 "areas" of Dark energy both of which will do the bonus damage.

Secondly If you do Dark energies once, and are standign within 3" of both the Obsidian Statue and the Statue marker do you suffer +2 and the answer is No. You would only Suffer +1 damage because there is only 1 Dark energies effect that increases the damage. The nearest I can think of is Perfect Camoflage FAQ question

107. If a model which is able to generate Sh Attacks during a Charge charges a model with the Perfect
Camouflage Ability, will the Attacking model suffer two - or one?
The Attacking model will only suffer one -. Perfect Camouflage “checks” to see if an Attack was generated
by a Charge or is an Sh Action at the same time, and it will apply one - in either scenario.

So when you deal damage the effect checks both being in the Arua from the Obsidian statue and the Aura of the statue marker at the same time. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...

Recently had another idea, but trying to make it efficient is difficult.

What I have so far is, Levi hires in a Bunraku (construct) and Rusty Alyce uses Burnout to give it reactivate. You then proceed to kill the Bunraku, which triggers 'Retract', allowing the Reactivate to be passed onto a friendly puppet or minion within 6'. The Bunraku then drops a scrap marker, so an abomination can be summoned later, to try and add back to the activations.

No idea if it is viable, just thought I'd share.

If you hire in some Aboms, they could damage the Bunraku for cards too, that way it feels less of a waste, it helps for card cycling and you don't have to worry about healing the Bunraku up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, INXVI said:

What I have so far is, Levi hires in a Bunraku (construct) and Rusty Alyce uses Burnout to give it reactivate. You then proceed to kill the Bunraku, which triggers 'Retract', allowing the Reactivate to be passed onto a friendly puppet or minion within 6'. The Bunraku then drops a scrap marker, so an abomination can be summoned later, to try and add back to the activations.

If you hire in some Aboms, they could damage the Bunraku for cards too, that way it feels less of a waste, it helps for card cycling and you don't have to worry about healing the Bunraku up.

I think it's cute, but does it really get you anything?  Bunraku are 6ss (i think?) so you're saccing a 6ss model to give reactivate to what minion?  They have to be a construct, so maybe you hired in a warden, or a stalker (the mech-wolf from Guild, can't remember its name, which is 7ss) Giving it another full action is nice, but replacing a 6 stone model with an abom (whose summon requireda 10(?) with a 2ss upgrade, is just a ton of effort and resources for limited useage.  I think towards the end a game it might be a cute trick to eck out a win, but generally speaking it doesn't do nearly enough.

It is a cool idea though, I just wish it was more useful! If it was, you could do some INSANE stuff!    

@Davos that's what I was thinking, the Bunraku is only 5ss now due to the errata, I've been trying to figure it out for a while in the hope something clicks, so thought I'd suggest it and see what happens, it's just too many resources.

If only we could make it happen in a Collodi crew, giving him Reactivate would be a little too crazy though 😂

On 4/23/2018 at 9:35 PM, Adran said:

This has split into 2 questions which is where the confusion is.

Firstly if you reactivate the statue do you get +2 damage (assuming you do Dark Energies twice) and the answer is yes

<snip> 

Understood. I missed the Reactivate bit.

22 hours ago, INXVI said:

It's only a minion they can pass this to.

You got me excited about passing this on to Hanimatsu, then I double checked the card. They are good scheme runner hunters though, definitely worth a look, especially in pairs (maybe with support from the Midnight Stalker who can keep up- Levi only!)

It's almost a shame they went down to 5SS. A pair shepherding a waif down a flank for Levi to pop out from looks good, but at 12SS...... probably why they weren't seen

• Like 1

With lures still being quite powerful I'm looking at a Levi crew that utilises them.

There's the 9 Belle spam Levi list I remember seeing but other than for laughs I really don't see how this would actually work in a real game.

The problem with taking Belles is the requirement for PoBone so losing out on some of the funky Iron models.

As a result I'm looking at a combo of an Oiran with Hannah (who can copy and guarantee the crow on the lure), and then using PoIron models to 'complete' the lure (such as Peacekeepers harpoon) and then finish the job as they tend to be a bit more smashy facey.

Performers are another option but their lure is only 12" and Ca6

The whole idea is to put an 18" bubble around Hannah that the opponent has to risk entering or, best case, doesn't realise is there, pulling a key model out of position. I'm just not sure if the Oiran is worth it for the ability to bring (arguably) 'better' construct models rather than going down the Bone route.

22 hours ago, Manxfaux said:

With lures still being quite powerful I'm looking at a Levi crew that utilises them.

There's the 9 Belle spam Levi list I remember seeing but other than for laughs I really don't see how this would actually work in a real game.

I had a club mate forced to play 9 belles, 0 waifs due to a charity auction. He won 2 games and drew the third. Hes taken it (Slightly modified) else where as a slightly silly but surprisingly competitive approach . (Change some belles to doxies so you can actually rebirth for example).

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Adran said:

I had a club mate forced to play 9 belles, 0 waifs due to a charity auction. He won 2 games and drew the third. Hes taken it (Slightly modified) else where as a slightly silly but surprisingly competitive approach . (Change some belles to doxies so you can actually rebirth for example).

So how does it actually win?

Is it the sheer amount of pounce attacks killing the enemy models? I guess you only pick schemes not requiring any scheme marker dropping (except 'Dig Their Graves' I suppose)?

What happens if the opponent has something like Yasanori?

4 hours ago, Manxfaux said:

So how does it actually win?

Is it the sheer amount of pounce attacks killing the enemy models? I guess you only pick schemes not requiring any scheme marker dropping (except 'Dig Their Graves' I suppose)?

What happens if the opponent has something like Yasanori?

I believe the point of a 9-Belle Levi list is just to play it for the lulz.

That many models means lots of activation and positioning control, plenty of Slow, and even a bit of discard with the right triggers. You don't play killy schemes, but you can definitely score points.

Flicking through the book I come to another model I haven't really considered - Toshiro. Hear me out 😁

Toshiro can give all minions in 6" :ToS-Pulse: Focus +1 for a scheme marker and any 8, and gives them :+flipto their :ToS-Melee: attacks natively in a 6" aura

Toshiro + Freikorpsmann spam (Up to 8 but probably something like 6 and Sue to be an extra anchor and help with Toshiro's survival). Solid, flexible minions in their own right, suddenly all those clockwork pistols become that bit scarier if you want to set up a gunline, or their melee becomes downright interesting. Also, I have loads of the models and have never used one.

Other spam options:

Guilty - slower but you can fit up to 10 in the list, that's up to 15 activations! No ranged attacks other than Levi but get him Tormented and he won't randomise into engagements. Df6 6 wounds and HtK - chew through that Mr Opponent. Being melee only (and not a bad one either with all those pluses, especially if you can hit the trigger), Toshiro might have to be put in harms way so some defensive tech and another anchor might be a good idea (Again Sue springs to mind).

Ronin - 6 Armour ignoring, flurrying, HtK models you can't charge? Nice. And they're all anchors too. They have a shockingly low Sh but reasonable damage shooting attack to use up that focus too if needed and maybe drain your opponents hand at least.

Abombs - Nowhere near as hardy as Guilty for the same cost now, but being able to grab a bunch of cards then go all Desolation Engine on their ass as the wave hits seems cool. If they can survive in numbers, just the sheer number of Df10 duels from their ability should make your opponents eyes fill with sweet, salty tears. I think you would want to drop at least 1 abomb for 'From Ash' and 'Desolate Soul' on Levi to keep the momentum up though. It's also a toss up as to whether you would stick with Toshiro or bring Rusty with her Summoning upgrade instead, but that's not the point here.

Desp Mercs - Does someone have 13 of these? Something tells me they will still suck. Enough said.

Bandidos - It will empty your hand but multiple Run and Guns with Focuses (Foci?) is double :+flipto both Attack and Damage. Not nearly as easy to keep alive as Freikorpsmenn, might be worth a mixture.

Dead Outlaws - Really solid minions. Ml and Sh 6 means the value of those plus flips is higher and attacks should land more often (or at worst force more cheating from your opponent). Really good built in triggers, Df6 with HtW and healing, I'm really liking the idea of this! Could possibly replace 1 with a Guilty as a meat shield.

Wokou Raiders - As souped-up Ronin go they're pretty decent, but you could only take 5 max so the activation control needed for you to really kick the snot out of something without too much return is leaking away. I so want these guys to be good though, so may have to try it out.

Void wretches - Really not sure about these. If you can empty you hand in a meaningful way then ok, Df8 Incorporeal with all the slow they can hand out is pretty brutal. Ml4 is terrible but as you likely wouldn't cheat it anyway, the Focus and/or plus flips suddenly become quite valuable in getting hits through or forcing you opponent to cheat. Added to that they are Ht1 so Toshiro's Pulse and Aura will hit all in 6" rather than having to carefully position all the previously mentioned minions so that as many as possible are affected (not easy with 40mm Guilty). Maybe using Levi in Melee more so his discard for pluses to damage trigger can help protect them....

Toshiro's (0) The Daimyo's Price has next wording: (Ca 5/ TN: 13/ Rg: 3): Discard target corpse marker or a friendly scheme marker to give all friendly minions in :ToS-Pulse:6 the Focused +1 condition.

Would this pulse be from Toshiro or from target marker?

50 SS Outcasts Crew
Leveticus + 4 Pool
- Pariah of Bone (1)
- Untimely Demise (1)
- Desolate Soul (2)
Hollow Waif (0)
Hollow Waif (0)
Toshiro The Daimyo (9)
Yin The Penangalan (8)
Rougarou (8)
Rougarou (8)
Rotten Belle (5)
Rotten Belle (5)

What do you think people?

1 hour ago, KID55 said:

Toshiro's (0) The Daimyo's Price has next wording: (Ca 5/ TN: 13/ Rg: 3): Discard target corpse marker or a friendly scheme marker to give all friendly minions in :ToS-Pulse:6 the Focused +1 condition.

Would this pulse be from Toshiro or from target marker?

From Toshiro I would assume. It doesn't say it's within 6" of the target which usually means it's within range of the model uaing the action.