Vantage point and los

Radek1

Question

I made an example, because i had situation like that on tournament. Model is on vantage point, he is Ht 2. there is 4" of vantage point between him and his target. By the rules it says: If the
model on vantage point terrain is within its Ht of the ledge it is standing on then ignore the ledge it is standing on when drawing LoS."

So mine opponent said it does not specify which ledge so if a model is within its Ht of side or any edge he ignores whole vantage. Is that correct?

ugly example.png

12 answers to this question

It is ignored for purposes of Los when one model attack another and one on the Vantage point is within its HT to the edge from which opponent sees u and there is quite good picture when Raspy looks and Lilith. On pitcure u have none of the models see each other.

Forgive me my Drawing skills but in picture below once model comes with 2'' to the edge BLUE and ORANGE see it and opposite u can see those two. Green models cant see u and same with your model, she is too far from the edge so it cant see them either.

Vantage point.jpg

If we talk about cover then When model shoots from Vantage point to a model on the ground. Vantage point doesn't provide any cover to defending model.

• Agree 2

As is so often the case on terrain, the answer depends on how you defined it at the start. By the rules, if you defined it as just 1 piece, then you could ignore it as your opponent did. I would personally never try to ignore it like that, but they aren't wrong strictly, and they may well have done the placing because of it, so it's hard to just ignore. 

Edit I hope Rhillian is right, don't have rules to hand to check. 

• Respectfully Disagree 1

On 07.04.2018 at 1:58 PM, Rillan said:

It is ignored for purposes of Los when one model attack another and one on the Vantage point is within its HT to the edge from which opponent sees u and there is quite good picture when Raspy looks and Lilith. On pitcure u have none of the models see each other.

Forgive me my Drawing skills but in picture below once model comes with 2'' to the edge BLUE and ORANGE see it and opposite u can see those two. Green models cant see u and same with your model, she is too far from the edge so it cant see them either.

Vantage point.jpg

If we talk about cover then When model shoots from Vantage point to a model on the ground. Vantage point doesn't provide any cover to defending model.

Then another question comes in place - does the top ledge is ignored whole, or just on an are where there are 2" from ledge to top model?

4 hours ago, Domin said:

Then another question comes in place - does the top ledge is ignored whole, or just on an are where there are 2" from ledge to top model?

"How big is this ledge?" is part of defining the terrain elements, and thus the responsibility of the players playing the game to answer. Just like the decomposition of strangely shaped terrain pieces to avoid cover paradoxes.

In most cases, having four separate ledges is going to produce a reasonable result acceptable to both players.