retnab

Sandeep: Considerations for Errata

How Would You Like Sandeep Errata'd?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Choose as many as you'd like, how would you do the errata:

• Reduce Beacon's range
    • Increase Beacon's Ca penalty
    • Increase Beacon's Ca penalty by more, but also increase Sandeep's base Ca's
    • Limit who has access to Beacon
    • Increase his actions' TN's
    • Reduce his Wds
    • Reduce his Soulstone cache
    • Replace Student of All
    • Replace Impossible to Wound
    • Give Arcane Storm a [Projectile]
    • Remove Arcane Storm's Mantra of Unraveling trigger (the +'s one)
    • Replace The Path to Salvation (the place one)
    • Replace As Your Deed, So Your Destiny (the interact one)
    • Nothing, he doesn't need a nerf.

7 hours ago, LeperColony said:

An ability like Arcane Shield puts the question as to when the player should expose themselves to greater risk.  But ItW significantly reduces the consequences of that decision, which makes for a dynamic that is unattractive from a design standpoint.

Arcane Shield is a single point of reduction on a master that has a low enough Df value that he’s going to get hit by anything killy that wants to hit him.

Arcane Shield is a decent protection against things like Black Blood and the aura on Sorrows. For anything else it’s nice to have but it’s not a very strong defensive ability. Sandeep’s abilities make him a short to mid range master. He needs a bit more than Arcane Sheild and soulstones.

I don’t think that giving a model ItW lessens the impact of deciding when to activate and lose Arcane Shield any more than any other always on defensive ability does.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, WWHSD said:

Arcane Shield is a single point of reduction on a master that has a low enough Df value that he’s going to get hit by anything killy that wants to hit him.

Arcane Shield is a decent protection against things like Black Blood and the aura on Sorrows. For anything else it’s nice to have but it’s not a very strong defensive ability. Sandeep’s abilities make him a short to mid range master. He needs a bit more than Arcane Sheild and soulstones.

I don’t think that giving a model ItW lessens the impact of deciding when to activate and lose Arcane Shield any more than any other always on defensive ability does.

I probably shouldn't have said "significantly reduces," just reduces.  My point is as a matter of design, I don't like stacking permanent abilities along with conditional ones in that way, unless it's the core mechanic of the model.

• Agree 1