invocation and how to create a crew

davidtweel

Question

First, sorry for my bad english.

My question: do you have to pay the cost of the daydream or the malifaux rats in soulstones when you are going to summon it? Can you summon a miniature with soulstone cost free? Do you have to pay de cost before the match starts of a abomination who have been summoned by the death touch of leveticus? Do you have to pay the mecanical doves if you are going to summon them by the cabaret choreography?

We are going to make a league in our city but noone have idea of how the summons work, please if someone can explain it. Thanks.

4 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, davidtweel said:

And why banasuva cost 8 soulstones if he only can be summoned?

Because you use the SS cost of the model to determine the difficulty (Target number) of the summon action. Also a few things in game care about the SS cost of a model.

7 minutes ago, davidtweel said:

First, sorry for my bad english.

My question: do you have to pay the cost of the daydream or the malifaux rats in soulstones when you are going to summon it? Can you summon a miniature with soulstone cost free? Do you have to pay de cost before the match starts of a abomination who have been summoned by the death touch of leveticus? Do you have to pay the mecanical doves if you are going to summon them by the cabaret choreography?

We are going to make a league in our city but noone have idea of how the summons work, please if someone can explain it. Thanks.

You have to pay for the models you start the game with. 

You don't have to pay any costs for models you might summon into the game during the game. Models you summon in during the game typically won't cost you any soulstone.  

I hope that is clear

30 minutes ago, Adran said:

You have to pay for the models you start the game with. 

You don't have to pay any costs for models you might summon into the game during the game. Models you summon in during the game typically won't cost you any soulstone.  

I hope that is clear

And why banasuva cost 8 soulstones if he only can be summoned?

And, to be frank about it, while there are some models that are listed as 0SS cost like the Coryphee Duet, being listed like that has actually caused more problems during the development of the Gaining Grounds scenarios.

There are lots of different summoning effects in the game, some require the presence of different types of markers; others inflict damage or apply effects; and some sacrifice models.  In each case, you have to do what the summoning effect says.

This isn't Warhammer 40k where summoning got so completely out of hand in a previous edition that summoned models have to be paid for in advance.