McCabe timings and schemes

relaxeddave

Question

A have a couple of questions/scenarios I wanted to clarify now I'm playing Lucus McCabe.

First up is Eliminate the Leadership, the opponent would score 1 point as soon as (Mounted) McCabe hits half, which will be often but so be it. However the reaches 0 one seems as though it would only trigger when the Dismounted McCabe reaches 0 / is sacrificed etc. as the Dismounted McCabe takes the place of the original McCabe for all schemes and alike.

Is that correct ?

The second thing I want to clarify is the order at the End of a Turn. Dismounted McCabe can reactivate himself and this is sacrificed at the End of the Turn. In the case of Set Up, are the points for that scheme scored before or after models are removed from play at The End of the Turn. Further to this, if effects are done before points someone dieing from burning would not be around to score ?

I'm at work at the moment so sorry in advance if asking a naf question that is clear when reading these things 'in the flesh'.

Dave

5 answers to this question

The first point on Eliminate the Leadership is scored when McCabe hits half. The second point is scored when McCabe hits 0 wounds. The third point is only scored if of Dismounted McCabe is not in play at the end of the game:

End of turn stuff all happens before points are scored for schemes and strategies. 

53 minutes ago, relaxeddave said:

Cool thanks for that, he really is a tough choice for a master if Eliminate is in the Pool, at least for the first 2 points anyway.

If you emergency dismount (or suffer a headshot/assassinate event) then you don't concede the second point, because the dismount ability stops you from being killed or sacrificed, but just reaching 0 wounds still gives the point away. It can make it that little bit easier to protect the 2nd point, but yes, Mcabe is a pretty easy master to score some points from eliminate from.