Picking up arcanists constructs with Hoffman

Scalptre

I still ❤️ mobile toolkit, although fielding a peon model can be a terrible liability this year. Easy positives to damage flips are just so nice! The other buffs are useful too. Why choose just one? O.S.A. copy it!

Joss brings anti-defensive tech like nobody else, and having Armor 2 nearby keeps Hoffman happy and alive.

The arachnid swarm needs power loop setup which isn’t great, but if you know something will need a lot of AP to chew through its defensive tech (like an opposing Hoffman-with-Joss-Harness-and-Plating-and-Toolkit-Armor ‘I reduce all incoming damage, unless it red jokered on a beater, to 1’ clank-tank) there’s nothing better.

Howard Langston and the rail golem rely on luck of the suit. Can be overpriced, can be overwhelming.

I haven’t got the knack of soulstone miners yet, and large arachnids I bought because I wanted to paint them—but they are useful in Supply Wagons with a modification which allows them to interact twice and walk in one activation, put your wagon in severe terrain and ward off interference.

• Like 1

You can always do the Emissary trick with Howard Langston.  You bury Langston (either with the Emissary obeyed by Abuela, or a Death Marshal), and now the Emissary can use Howard's Executioner Claws attack.  Put Targetting Systems on the Emissary, and now his Executioner Claw Attacks have auto Decapitate trigger.

A nasty combo can be to have Abuela obey the Emissary (who should have Targetting Systems) to bury Langston.  Then the Emissary charges someone, ditches the modification to murderize something, then ends activation, letting out Langston in range to Nimble and Flurry.  Its super nasty.

9 minutes ago, Dirach said:

So get everything except soulstone miners? You guys are expensive :)

You may well want those too...😉

Its not essential to pick up any Arcanist Constructs, but Hoffman can certainly make use of all of them. 

• Like 1

I tried a Hoffman crew last night, and got to use the boxing/borrow trick with Howard.  I have a question though.  Machine Puppet says you can't declare triggers.  The Emissary's "Back in the Box" has a mask built in, but has no triggers.  Hoffman should be able to Puppet the Emissary to box people, so I don't need Abuela for that.  I brought the Jury in my list so I'd have access to masks if needed.

I'm currently comparing the Large Arachnid and the Warder to see which is better.  The Warden has a longer charge and walk, but the Arachnid has more wounds.  The arachnid's damage can spike higher, but the Warden has crit strike and can get Targeting Systems for built in rams.  When I used Wardens in the past they were fairly lack luster.

21 minutes ago, jchrisobrien said:

I tried a Hoffman crew last night, and got to use the boxing/borrow trick with Howard.  I have a question though.  Machine Puppet says you can't declare triggers.  The Emissary's "Back in the Box" has a mask built in, but has no triggers.  Hoffman should be able to Puppet the Emissary to box people, so I don't need Abuela for that.  I brought the Jury in my list so I'd have access to masks if needed.

I'm currently comparing the Large Arachnid and the Warder to see which is better.  The Warden has a longer charge and walk, but the Arachnid has more wounds.  The arachnid's damage can spike higher, but the Warden has crit strike and can get Targeting Systems for built in rams.  When I used Wardens in the past they were fairly lack luster.

I like wardens with Lucius more than Hoffman myself.