Missing Forms and Public Execution timing.

WWHSD

Question

I ran into a situation where Amina was killed by a model that had the Missing Forms condition. The Strategy was Public Execution. The question is whether or not the model killing Amina would get the Shed Blood condition.

We played it that Missing Forms ending and the condition for applying Shed Blood were both effects that the controller of the model that killed Amina could apply in the order of their choosing. 

On the other hand, it seems like since the model that killed Amina was a Peon when Amina was killed then Amina would count as being killed by a Peon even if the model became a Non-Peon before she was removed from play. 

I’m not 100% that we played it  right so I figured that I’d check here. 

Wording of Missing Forms:

‘Target gains the following Condition until the end of the game or until this model is killed or sacrificed: “Missing Forms: This model counts as a Peon for Strategy and Scheme purposes and my not take Interact actions.”’

Wording of Public Execution:

‘On any Turn after the first, when a Non-Peon model kills or sacrifices a Non-Peon model that it considers an enemy, it gains the following Condition until the end of the game: “Shed Blood ...”.’

4 answers to this question

5 hours ago, WWHSD said:

On the other hand, it seems like since the model that killed Amina was a Peon when Amina was killed then Amina would count as being killed by a Peon even if the model became a Non-Peon before she was removed from play. 

You are massively over thinking the matter.  Who cares what happens to the model after it's killed or after it kills the other model?

The reason for our confusion on this was the word "when" on Amina's ability. The model therefore stops being a peon when she is killed, not after she is killed. 

I'm not married to the way we played it (I don't even think I scored the strategy that round 😰), just trying to explain why we thought it was ambiguous. 

• Like 1