My iron chef for Monday- field reporters

4thstringer

Just now, Gnomezilla said:

McCabe swordswoman with an extra ram on the 0. Like a wastrel, but survivable.

Find room for a Transparency carrier and a prospector. Take Nellie and her press for sauce. Create mine field of scheme markers. Push enemies into them.

That does sound like fun.  I'll probably take 2 prospectors so it doesn't get messed up.

11 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

McCabe swordswoman with an extra ram on the 0. Like a wastrel, but survivable.

Find room for a Transparency carrier and a prospector. Take Nellie and her press for sauce. Create mine field of scheme markers. Push enemies into them.

So like this: 

Declared Faction: Guild 
Crew Name: freporters 50ss 
Leader: Nellie Cochrane - Cache:(4)
   Guild Funds 1ss 
   Misleading Headlines 1ss 
   Alternate Facts 2ss 
The Printing Press 3ss 
Phiona Gage 8ss 
   Transparency 1ss 
Allison Dade 8ss 
Field Reporter 4ss 
Field Reporter 4ss 
Field Reporter 4ss 
Prospector 6ss 
Prospector 6ss 

8 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

Looks good. A bit less pushing and a little more scheming than I’d have done, and Dampening Field is magnetized to my hesrt, but nothing wrong there.

Found out it is public executions, so did this-Declared Faction: Guild 
Crew Name: freporters 50ss 
Leader: Nellie Cochrane - Cache:(4)
   Misleading Headlines 1ss 
   Embedded 1ss 
   Delegation 1ss 
The Printing Press 3ss 
Phiona Gage 8ss 
   Transparency 1ss 
   Lead Lined Coat 1ss 
Field Reporter 4ss 
Field Reporter 4ss 
Clockwork Trap 2ss 
Clockwork Trap 2ss 
Prospector 6ss 
Prospector 6ss 
Ama No Zako 9ss 

I might end up switching to a sonnia list where the reporters act as bodyguards for sonnia.  Mainly because my opponent has been all about lotus eaters and crime bosses recently and I don't want to feed him cards too much.

3 hours ago, jchrisobrien said:

What is the bottom model's job?

My phone doesn't like her name

Hazardous terrain aura, at a guess, for even more passive damage or assurance against not seeding quite as many scheme markers as you’d expect from that many journalists (yeah, personal experience there). Kind of pricey for only that, though.

11 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

Hazardous terrain aura, at a guess, for even more passive damage or assurance against not seeding quite as many scheme markers as you’d expect from that many journalists (yeah, personal experience there). Kind of pricey for only that, though.

Yeah, also a backup beater.  Tbh I picked up one for cheap and have meant to try her with Nellie.

Was the other side using wokou raiders for iron chef? Around here they are hired on merit...in the singular.

I was afraid of seeing that b...Anna as a counter. She is useful. I am so going to miss Dampening Field when I am not playing Guild.

If you couldn’t push people for damage, how did you keep the opposition under control? Who did the work?

1 hour ago, jchrisobrien said:

How did amano do?

Died end of turn three, but not before taking out Misaki with a little help from nellie.  Hit severe or moderate a couple times for her damage, which was really nice.  I got bunched up, which made me not use her aura, but I used her obey to make a prospector push someone, and to make phiona attack.  

55 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

Was the other side using wokou raiders for iron chef? Around here they are hired on merit...in the singular.

I was afraid of seeing that b...Anna as a counter. She is useful. I am so going to miss Dampening Field when I am not playing Guild.

If you couldn’t push people for damage, how did you keep the opposition under control? Who did the work?

Yeah the other side had a single wokou as his iron chef ingredient.  I don't usually take dampening field, but considering how often I see different auras I might have to start.  Oh well, sometimes the list building gods frown on you but the damage flip gods smile.  Ama really did a lot of damage when she hit.

11 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

I was afraid of seeing that b...Anna as a counter. She is useful. I am so going to miss Dampening Field when I am not playing Guild

I just realized that according to the faq, and wouldn't have stopped my pushes of his models.  My opponent misunderstood her abilities.