General Draw Methods in Ten Thunders?

TeddyBear

Sun Quiang on a tome trigger with his peonizing action.

Lotus Eaters and Crime Bossess draw a card when an enemy scheme marker is placed within 6" of them.

There are also a few that are more like cycling cards:

Toshiro and Izamu both have a trigger (built in for Toshiro) to draw a card if they cheat the damage flip of their meelee attacks.

Wastrels get to draw a card if they use their Bravado ability while they have an upgrade equipped.

I'm sure there's more.

• Like 1

Misaki can take Wokou Raiders, which can generate card draw alongside the Crime Boss zero action.

Wandering River Style "Mighty Gust" on Sensei Yu or Shenlong in conjunction with Crime Boss can draw up to 3 cards for a (1) action. Probably great against Titania especially. 
You could use it to draw 6 or 9 cards in one activation if you really wanted to.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TeddyBear said:

@Mrbedlam Can i ask you what is Lust/Torakage Trick please?

Lust's defensive trigger lets her draw a card after resolving if you have a tome. Once you have the ace of tomes, you can attack Lust with your own models, cheat the defense with the Ace of Tomes, and then draw a new card as well as putting the ace back in your hand.

I assume the Torakage are used because they have Rapid Fire with an attack that doesn't do too much damage, and allows the Torakage to push 3" as a built in trigger.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dogmantra said:

Lust's defensive trigger lets her draw a card after resolving if you have a tome. Once you have the ace of tomes, you can attack Lust with your own models, cheat the defense with the Ace of Tomes, and then draw a new card as well as putting the ace back in your hand.

I assume the Torakage are used because they have Rapid Fire with an attack that doesn't do too much damage, and allows the Torakage to push 3" as a built in trigger.

Both the attack and the defense triggers are both "resolve", so it doesn't matter if it hits or not, as long as the suits are right, you get a card and move the Torakage.

Pretty sneaky, sis.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dogmantra said:

Torakage are also exactly 1 Sh under her Df so using Lynch  you can cycle aces and get her draw trigger that she wins every time.  I forgot to mention this really only works with a hand chock full of low tomes OR Lynch. lynch is the better option. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, bedjy said:

If you want to play Ten Thunder, you will want to play Shen Long, that can't be a waste of money :)

I do already have Misaki and Brewmaster however, so I'm not so sure I need a third master at the moment :D

Maybe once I've finished painting everything. Trying to be good!

1 hour ago, Tokapondora said:

I mean Shenlong is pretty much the best TT master and Yu is at least for me an auto include for almost half TT's masters. I wouldn't suggest relying on/getting it for that combo though. It's rather opponent/scheme dependent.

I'll definitely consider it.

As for the combo, I'll be running 2x Wokou Raiders also (in a Misaki list) for supplying the enemy scheme markers :D

At least, on paper. Hence my trepidation :)
Maybe I'll just have to proxy it myself and report back to the team!

3 hours ago, Cadaver_Junkie said:

Has anyone tried Mighty Gust with Crime Boss yet?

Easy or hard to do?

I'm trying to decide if I purchase Sensei Yu - I just don't want the full box set at this time.

Wish I could say I have but up until now the pools haven't been becoming and it's sadly not looking much better in the proximate future.