Nom nom nom?

Gnomezilla

I’m bored and never did get around to playing the devour list. Should I take Pneumatic Upgrades and machine puppet the domador to empty my opponent’s hand, or borrow from the classic discard list with an austringer or two? Are wardens worth it now that domadors exist, requiring a modification to set up for the paralyzation as opposed to the domador auto paralyze on an empty hand? Two flesh constructs for the sake of redundancy, or one? (I have a high chance of facing min4.) Any place for the emissary, maybe for positive flips for the power looped fleshie if not to bury and take yet another shot at devouring something? I’m opting for attendant over child since fleshies are very attractive to blast damage.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

I’m bored and never did get around to playing the devour list. Should I take Pneumatic Upgrades and machine puppet the domador to empty my opponent’s hand, or borrow from the classic discard list with an austringer or two? Are wardens worth it now that domadors exist, requiring a modification to set up for the paralyzation as opposed to the domador auto paralyze on an empty hand? Two flesh constructs for the sake of redundancy, or one? (I have a high chance of facing min4.) Any place for the emissary, maybe for positive flips for the power looped fleshie if not to bury and take yet another shot at devouring something? I’m opting for attendant over child since fleshies are very attractive to blast damage.

I didn't realize flesh construct had devour.   Interesting idea.

Absolutely two fleshies and domador(es?) for redundancy. I lost both necros very early in the game, and activating them early to get AP from them before death was counter-productive to actually landing paralyze. Needs tweaking to give the necros durability. Guardian maybe? Bringing a warden in as well was a stroke of luck as I ran into a very unexpected high Wp crew that Scour Mind struggled against.

• 2 weeks later...

As the paralyze models all wanted to activate late, and Hoffman as well, I added Jury and an austringer to activate early and get some discards done. This list will in consequence take some unavoidable damage early in the turn, but most of it can take a few hits, thankfully. On that note: lead lined coats for each domador, no exceptions. They need the survivability and can’t chance not having the 8 to plate themselves. The crew ends up having four(!) potential healers, which was handy as Hoffman never had the time to pulse heal.

I only nommed one model so far, but emptying my opponent’s hand wasn’t the worst use of my time. He did oblige me by providing a Df3 Huggy for the austringer to annoy. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gnomezilla said:

As the paralyze models all wanted to activate late, and Hoffman as well, I added Jury and an austringer to activate early and get some discards done. This list will in consequence take some unavoidable damage early in the turn, but most of it can take a few hits, thankfully. On that note: lead lined coats for each domador, no exceptions. They need the survivability and can’t chance not having the 8 to plate themselves. The crew ends up having four(!) potential healers, which was handy as Hoffman never had the time to pulse heal.

I only nommed one model so far, but emptying my opponent’s hand wasn’t the worst use of my time. He did oblige me by providing a Df3 Huggy for the austringer to annoy. 

I need to see this list as a whole.

7 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

I need to see this list as a whole.

50 SS Guild Crew
Hoffman + 4 Pool
 - Pneumatic Upgrades (2)
 - On Site Assimiliation (2)
 - Improved Harness (1)
Mechanical Attendant (2)
The Jury (8)
Domador de Cadaveres (7)
 - Lead Lined Coat (1)
Domador de Cadaveres (7)
 - Lead Lined Coat (1)
Flesh Construct (6)
Flesh Construct (6)
Guild Austringer (6)

(exported from CrewFaux)

Cyborg necros only so far thanks to odd deployment. Might cyborg the austringer for fast, next time.

15 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:
50 SS Guild Crew
Hoffman + 4 Pool
 - Pneumatic Upgrades (2)
 - Improved Harness (1)
Mechanical Attendant (2)
The Jury (8)
Domador de Cadaveres (7)
 - Lead Lined Coat (1)
Domador de Cadaveres (7)
 - Lead Lined Coat (1)
Flesh Construct (6)
Flesh Construct (6)
Guild Austringer (6)

(exported from CrewFaux)

Cyborg necros only so far thanks to odd deployment. Might cyborg the austringer for fast, next time.

I can't tell you how much I love the idea of domador just repeatedly hitting until someone's hand is empty with machine puppets if necessary, then Hoffman eating people and flesh constructs getting to reactivate.

• Agree 2

On 4/12/2018 at 8:23 PM, Gnomezilla said:
50 SS Guild Crew
Hoffman + 4 Pool
 - Pneumatic Upgrades (2)
 - Improved Harness (1)
Mechanical Attendant (2)
The Jury (8)
Domador de Cadaveres (7)
 - Lead Lined Coat (1)
Domador de Cadaveres (7)
 - Lead Lined Coat (1)
Flesh Construct (6)
Flesh Construct (6)
Guild Austringer (6)

(exported from CrewFaux)

I'm running this with governor's proxy tomorrow for my iron chef.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

I'm running this with governor's proxy tomorrow for my iron chef.  

I know that’s the whole point of Iron Chef (and ewww, good luck—did you counter-challenge ashigaru or something?), but you’re losing your extra AP source.

Also, careful with keeping the mechanical attendant near the necros. It will block their heal blast and their 0 pulse, which is terrible on its own but jumps up in usefulness if the opponent’s not willing to cheat even a low card!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

I know that’s the whole point of Iron Chef (and ewww, good luck—did you counter-challenge ashigaru or something?), but you’re losing your extra AP source.

Also, careful with keeping the mechanical attendant near the necros. It will block their heal blast and their 0 pulse, which is terrible on its own but jumps up in usefulness if the opponent’s not willing to cheat even a low card!

I'm losing the extra action, which is sad.  But, I am gaining a one time, easy to pass WP duel when he dies!  I'm really hoping that I can get my opponent to kill him when they are low on cards, and mayyybe, just mayybe, he'll take someone with him.

46 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

I'm losing the extra action, which is sad.  But, I am gaining a one time, easy to pass WP duel when he dies!  I'm really hoping that I can get my opponent to kill him when they are low on cards, and mayyybe, just mayybe, he'll take someone with him.

If you’re exceptionally lucky, there will be an opposing, high-priced undead to obey to do the job.

...poor, worthless little fat man...it’s better this way...

47 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

If you’re exceptionally lucky, there will be an opposing, high-priced undead to obey to do the job.

...poor, worthless little fat man...it’s better this way...

I didn't think about the domador doing enemy obeys.  Real shame my normal resser opponent couldn't be there tonight.  That would have been worth serious Iron Chef points (IC points work like points on Whose Line).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 4thstringer said:

While the reactivate was fun, I only ate a tengu the whole time.  Couldn't hit anything with my domadors and got split up due to a choke point and a shooty opposing crew.

A Tengu is bird-like enough for the extra points for going full Ozzy. :D

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

Was practiced production on her?

I suspect so, his ice dancer was actually using AP to run Surround Them. (A highly mobile crew which could outrun this melee list was a definite problem. I could challenge Ply but the scheme points were uncontested.)

3 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

I suspect so, his ice dancer was actually using AP to run Surround Them. (A highly mobile crew which could outrun this melee list was a definite problem. I could challenge Ply but the scheme points were uncontested.)

Then all the points.  Eating away practiced production alone is worth 10 vp and a tour of the wyrd facilities.

• Like 1