Asami's Feigned Weakness (and Vendetta)

Erik1978

Question

It says she can summon when the opposing crew has more VP than her, when they score VP.

Nothing about once pr turn or anything.

So this could happen several times in the same turn? For instance if the opponent has Recover Evidence and Vendetta, they could score VP from that 4-5 times in the same turn, and perhaps VP from the strategy later that turn as well?

I assume that a summons at the end of the turn, due to strategy (or scheme VP) will be summoned but not activate until the following turn?

Vendetta bonus question: Nomatter if my chosen model uses it's first attack of the game on it's intended target, I still get 3 VP as long as the chosen friendly model is the one killing the target?

"If the noted enemy model is killed by the chosen friendly model, score 3 VP." Sounds like that's the only condition needed to score all 3 VP?

7 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Erik1978 said:

It says she can summon when the opposing crew has more VP than her, when they score VP.

Nothing about once pr turn or anything.

So this could happen several times in the same turn? For instance if the opponent has Recover Evidence and Vendetta, they could score VP from that 4-5 times in the same turn, and perhaps VP from the strategy later that turn as well?

I assume that a summons at the end of the turn, due to strategy (or scheme VP) will be summoned but not activate until the following turn?

Do keep in mind that it says "one or more VP", though.  And models summoned outside of the Activation Phase wait until the Activation Phase to activate, just like everyone else.

See also FAQ entry 54:

54. At the end of the Turn, are all VP from Strategies and Schemes scored at once or one at a time?

They are scored in the same step (End Phase, step #2), but the resolution is done one at a time. First, each player scores for the Strategy, and then each player scores for their Schemes in the order of their choosing. No Abilities can happen while scoring during this step, but some Abilities may happen as a result of it. For example, Yan Lo’s Follow thheir Footsteps or Asami’s Feigned Weakness could only come into effect after all points are scored from the Strategies and Schemes -- meaning Yan Lo could earn at most Chi +1 and Asami could only summon one model. 

Vendetta bonus question: Nomatter if my chosen model uses it's first attack of the game on it's intended target, I still get 3 VP as long as the chosen friendly model is the one killing the target?

"If the noted enemy model is killed by the chosen friendly model, score 3 VP." Sounds like that's the only condition needed to score all 3 VP?

You get 3VP if the friendly model somehow gets credit for killing the noted enemy model.  It doesn't matter how.  The rest of the text is just explaining how many VP you get if that doesn't happen.

1 hour ago, Adran said:

Its worth noting that its hard to score several scheme VPs in a turn and still be behind in VPs. 

It's activated when the opponent scores VP, not Asami. So it can often be the case that Asami is behind when the opponent scores during a turn. It isn't impossible to happen more than once during a turn depending on Schemes. I think it will be very rare that it ever happens, but its something to think about if you are playing against Asami and are choosing schemes. 

• Like 1

Do keep in mind that it says "one or more VP", though.  And models summoned outside of the Activation Phase wait until the Activation Phase to activate, just like everyone else.

See also FAQ entry 54:

But some VP are scored the moment you pick up an evidence marker, or the moment your friendly chosen model attacks the vendetta target, right? Which means you could summon models more than once pr turn?

7 hours ago, Erik1978 said:

But some VP are scored the moment you pick up an evidence marker, or the moment your friendly chosen model attacks the vendetta target, right? Which means you could summon models more than once pr turn?

For the 'score immediately' stuff, yeah.  So you could end up scoring a few times during the turn, and then score at the end of the turn, summoning each time because Asami was behind.

8 hours ago, Erik1978 said:

Its worth noting that its hard to score several scheme VPs in a turn and still be behind in VPs. And whilst its easier as the game goes on, a model summoned in turn 5 is much worse than 1 summoned in turn 2. (And being behind on VPs in turn 5 is often not a good place to be if you want to win)

20 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

It's activated when the opponent scores VP, not Asami. So it can often be the case that Asami is behind when the opponent scores during a turn. It isn't impossible to happen more than once during a turn depending on Schemes. I think it will be very rare that it ever happens, but its something to think about if you are playing against Asami and are choosing schemes. 

Oops, you're right, although that probably makes the point even more. 

Worth saying that you don't need to pick schemes until you know the opponents crew, so mid turn scoring schemes might be a lower value against a feigned weakness Asami, and you might choose to not score them until later in the game.