What's your new hotness? What has you excited?

4thstringer

1 minute ago, Gnomezilla said:

<—

Saw the mini in Adepticon reports.

I’m not excited to change faction, but some other folks are eyeing to get into Guild once this resident Guildie packs up the stompybots. Mostly eyeing certain upgrades and smiling worrisome smiles. Chain activation Sonnia incoming.

Makes me sad.  Come back when you get tired of being the bad guys.

9 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

Makes me sad.  Come back when you get tired of being the bad guys.

For me it's working out what Guild Masters work best with the new round of Strats for GG18. I think Sonnia is a strong pick for Ours so I have that one nailed. Still working out who's best for some of the the others. Tonight i'm playing extraction for the first time this year against Gremlins. Changing the strats etc keeps it from going stale imo

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SurreyLee said:

For me it's working out what Guild Masters work best with the new round of Strats for GG18.

The only one I'm sold on Master/Strat wise so far is Perdita into Symbols.  Not only does Nino's spotter ability work wonderfully for protecting your symbols, it comes paired with Punish the Weak, which should always be achievable with Perdita :)

Only having to pick a crew to deal with one scheme (and standing near some symbols) helps this bear of very little brain...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Strangely Brown said:

The only one I'm sold on Master/Strat wise so far is Perdita into Symbols.  Not only does Nino's spotter ability work wonderfully for protecting your symbols, it comes paired with Punish the Weak, which should always be achievable with Perdita :)

Only having to pick a crew to deal with one scheme (and standing near some symbols) helps this bear of very little brain...

I much prefer Hoffman in Symbols, giving watchers nimble or the ability to interact for a (0) means that it is very hard for an opponent to put a marker out of the way as a defense mechanism. Hoffman also likes quite tough minions so it is easier to deny punish the weak from the opponent. 

• Like 1

And here I’m still running McMourning into Symbols because having the enemy come to me mitigates the nurse’s only downside.

Been playing a disproportionate amount of Ply for Information, it feels like, and not much Ours. But given most of my master pool can rack up 3 or 4 Ply conditions on their activation and put the enemy on the back foot for the turn as regards the strategy, I haven’t settled on the best one.

One of the other intermittent Guildies has bought the Jury, Ms. 12-of-Rams herself, and been ruining people’s days with reliable ‘unsuited’ condition removal.

14 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

I really like lucius in ply.  I'll take a doppel and beckoner and with one action from lucius I can set them up to kite doppel across the board turn one.

I can see how you'd drag models to you with a beckoner and a doppel copying the lure (and that seems to be the Ply tactic for my belle-toting colleagues), but I can't see how 1 AP from Lucius gets you to a point where you can get the doppel into their faces turn one.  Could you possibly explain it using very small words, and maybe a crayon drawing to illustrate?

Thank you very much in advance :)

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, SurreyLee said:

For me it's working out what Guild Masters work best with the new round of Strats for GG18. I think Sonnia is a strong pick for Ours so I have that one nailed. Still working out who's best for some of the the others. Tonight i'm playing extraction for the first time this year against Gremlins. Changing the strats etc keeps it from going stale imo

I have been using Nellie for ours, Big Jake helps a lot.

4 hours ago, Strangely Brown said:

I can see how you'd drag models to you with a beckoner and a doppel copying the lure (and that seems to be the Ply tactic for my belle-toting colleagues), but I can't see how 1 AP from Lucius gets you to a point where you can get the doppel into their faces turn one.  Could you possibly explain it using very small words, and maybe a crayon drawing to illustrate?

Thank you very much in advance :)

Lucius issues orders once. That will move the beckoner 8"up the board between walk and push.  The beckoner can then double lure the doppel.  Because the beckoner also can push 4 on a trigger built in, that lets you get doppel just under 11 inches up the board.  Doppel can then walk another 12. Turn 2 (depending on doppel to get init) you can get that marker.

13 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

Lucius issues orders once. That will move the beckoner 8"up the board between walk and push.  The beckoner can then double lure the doppel.  Because the beckoner also can push 4 on a trigger built in, that lets you get doppel just under 11 inches up the board.  Doppel can then walk another 12. Turn 2 (depending on doppel to get init) you can get that marker.

That's awesome.

Thanks very much for explaining! :)

On 27/03/2018 at 12:47 PM, SurreyLee said:

Okay, so I thought to take a nice shiny new master they said. It's only gremlins they said. Well, Hoffman didn't like Zipp one bit.

Okay, lot's of newish pieces for me meant I kept forgetting stuff. Zipp moving your models out of combat to get them away from the 6inch bubble of non ignorable armour means your stuff is going down. Couple that with a chain activating Francois and both Miss Step and Peacekeeper didn't have much of an impact on the game. I black Jokered Damage twice too, but that happens. Inside I was just crying out for Sonnia. 

Will try Hoffman some more, for sure, i'm just not sold his actions are powerful enough to replace Sonnia or Nellie as yet. Time will tell.

2 minutes ago, SurreyLee said:

Okay, so I thought to take a nice shiny new master they said. It's only gremlins they said. Well, Hoffman didn't like Zipp one bit.

Okay, lot's of newish pieces for me meant I kept forgetting stuff. Zipp moving your models out of combat to get them away from the 6inch bubble of non ignorable armour means your stuff is going down. Couple that with a chain activating Francois and both Miss Step and Peacekeeper didn't have much of an impact on the game. I black Jokered Damage twice too, but that happens. Inside I was just crying out for Sonnia. 

Will try Hoffman some more, for sure, i'm just not sold his actions are powerful enough to replace Sonnia or Nellie as yet. Time will tell.

If you are looking for the most powerful, I don't think you will find it in Hoffman.  Too many moving parts, everything is just a little too restrictive.    But if you want to do something fun, hoffmans new phone pneumatic upgrade opens a lot of interesting and fun avenues.  Models which were previously unusable become interesting when being repeatedly obeyed.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jchrisobrien said:

I like lady justice for public executions.   She can execute and eliminate easily, and she is very resistant to eliminate.

Funny you should mention Lady Justice. I had my first game with her last night against Seamus (classic match-up) and was really impressed with the shear level of damage output and survivability she has. At one point she was down to four wounds but combo'd with the Brutal Effigy and companion (or accomplice?) she managed to heal 4 wounds back then recovered 4 from her 0 action. Seamus on the other hand went down early turn 3. His Boo action is decent and did need a couple of medium cards to pass the terrifying tests but yeah, Lady J's a beast. 

As for Hoffman, I just feel his options that make him really work are too expensive. I like a balance between activations and power output. 

Still, this week has seen me take two new masters for the first time and two good games. I win either way.

Despite a few cack results I am still super excited about beast/academic McMourning and the sheer variety of toys you can bring to his crew (once I get a Domador as well...oh boy!)

I have mainly played gremlins though I have a couple of dirty Arcanists (mainly Marcus...) and a few Guild masters who I am concentrating on this year. 

This one new upgrade has reinvigorated the game for me..so many new combos and tricks to discover. 

Most recently hiring a raptor and turning executioners/whatever into beasts for the rest of the game...they'll then heal 1 when activating within 8 (!) Of Doug. ..awesome! And raptors are just generally great.

I haven't even started looking at the academic side of things yet, that lovely leaping Blessed of December has me all in a tizz  :)

2018 will be a good year!