Nekima with Retributions Eye

-Loki-

We all know the common mistake of giving Retributions Eye to Nekima which is restricted to Enforcers. However, the FAQ includes this:

38) Some Actions/Abilities allow models to attach Upgrades during the game. Do these Actions/Abilities need to adhere to the restrictions listed on the Upgrade, or can they be attached to any model? Upgrade restrictions only affect the hiring process, and have no in game effect, so these Upgrades may be attached to any model. If there are any restrictions they will be noted in the Action or Ability’s description. It is worth noting some such Actions and Abilities bother noting “ignoring restrictions” but this is simply reminder text which was put on when there was space available.

Would this not mean Nekima can take A Thousand Faces, and swap it for Retributions Eye?

A thousand faces says "Attach the named upgrade, following the usual restrictions for attaching Upgrades at the start of the game"

I'm not sure when 'The Start Of The Game' is exactly, but my guess it is pre-draw phase, iniative flip etc, so after crews have been decided and set in stone.

I guess, that would mean that the restriction of 'Enforcer Only' applies when attached at the beginning of the game, and therefore applies here too.

Worth a shot mate, it would be insane on Nekima against certain crews 😊

• Like 2

11 hours ago, INXVI said:

A thousand faces says "Attach the named upgrade, following the usual restrictions for attaching Upgrades at the start of the game"

Damn.. I missed it as well. One time I swapped 1k faces on Coppelius into FgF. My conscience start to eat me.

4 hours ago, le_sphinx said:

Damn.. I missed it as well. One time I swapped 1k faces on Coppelius into FgF. My conscience start to eat me.

Don't worry, its not as bad as the time I ran Lynch with both Limited upgrades (it was only my like 4th ever game of Malifaux in my defence 😂 also against a new player)

• Haha 1