Freikorps Engineer Strengthen Armor Duration

AngryBogle

Question

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, AngryBogle said:

It says that it lasts until the start of this model's (engineer) next Activation. Does this end if the Engineer dies before it activates?

The Condition won't expire if the engineer is buried or killed.  I won't speculate on why, other than probably the fact that that's a really expensive way to turn Armor +1 into Armor +2.

I guess they figured that if you want to kill or bury your engineer to prolong the buff you should be free to do so.

It's an interesting decision considering both Francisco and Loco had to get errata because players abused an even more restrictive wording on their buffs. At least you can use cpndition removal to take the armour away.

7 hours ago, Ludvig said:

I guess they figured that if you want to kill or bury your engineer to prolong the buff you should be free to do so.

It's an interesting decision considering both Francisco and Loco had to get errata because players abused an even more restrictive wording on their buffs. At least you can use cpndition removal to take the armour away.

Those are both much better buffs IMO, and made it problematic as to when an opponent could kill those models. Also Hoffman's power loop continues after he dies/is buried  (going by memory) So there are still cases that fit this format.

2 hours ago, Mikey_C said:

Those are both much better buffs IMO, and made it problematic as to when an opponent could kill those models. Also Hoffman's power loop continues after he dies/is buried  (going by memory) So there are still cases that fit this format.

They went away when they died/sacrificed, just not when buried or otherwise taken out of the game. Hoffman and more importantly a child who has copied him has the same glitch. I believe Hoff was designed before the big problems with Sonnia started cropping up and since people are so irked by errata I can get why they don't go back to redesign it. To design new models with wordings you've had to errata away before seems unnecessary to me, even if the buff is less powerful.

21 hours ago, Mikey_C said:

Marlena Webster and Charm Warder are two more book 5 models that have abilities that are worded this way.