Hard to Kill vs damage cannot be reduced

whodares

Question

I've been getting myself into rules discussions lately and the thread title has been popping up more and more.

I play Ten Thunders, which have their fair share of Hard to Kill models, while pretty much every crew has some sort of damage that cannot be reduced.

My opponent usually claims it bypasses the Hard to Kill as the damage itself cannot be reduced.

My claim is that Hard to Kill stands because it does not reduce damage. It sais my Wound amount may not be reduced below 1. My reasoning is that HtK has no effect on the damage dealt. It does not mention reducing damage, which means ALL damage passes though, but your model stays at 1 Wound.

Which one is correct?

3 answers to this question

23 minutes ago, solkan said:

You need to point your friend to the FAQ says that damage prevention isn't damage reduction.

The 2 wound model that suffers 10 damage is reduced to 1 wound without reducing the amount of damage suffered.

To expand on this, damage prevention is not damage reduction and Hard to Kill is neither of those (as far as rules that avoid stuff is concerned).

The only abilities that will get around Hard to Kill are things that explicitly say they get around Hard to Kill, like Leveticus.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, solkan said:

You need to point your friend to the FAQ says that damage prevention isn't damage reduction.

The 2 wound model that suffers 10 damage is reduced to 1 wound without reducing the amount of damage suffered.

Can do 1 better and point to the FAQ entry that explicitly says HtK is not damage reduction.(#59)

• Like 2