Sign in to follow this  
Titania

Any addvice on a good minture game

I'm look for a fun miniature game that has a theme that I like that has the support of the company to get unique figures for prices in my Tournaments.

Sounds like Malifaux? They have the unique models in henchman kits. The theme is pretty broad by now, sort of victorian horror meets steampunk meets magic and some other bits.

I got this email we are not accepting your application to the henchman program.

So now I'm looking for another miniature game that is as fun looking.

1 hour ago, Titania said:

I got this email we are not accepting your application to the henchman program.

So now I'm looking for another miniature game that is as fun looking.

It sounds like you're saying "If you're not letting me be a henchman I want to play a different game".
I recommend The Other Side

What's the point of holding a Tournament if there is no price. I can just play the game at home with my friends and get the same effect.

17 minutes ago, Titania said:

What's the point of holding a Tournament if there is no price. I can just play the game at home with my friends and get the same effect.

The idea is to build up a community first. You also maybe don't satisfy the requirements. You have to have a certain knowledge, have a certain amount of models, and be able to demo.

3 minutes ago, Fetid Strumpet said:

To play multiple games against people you don’t play all the time.

And this mainly

32 minutes ago, Titania said:

also your LGS can still hold tournaments and have the prizes be either store credit or other Wyrd items that they have in stock. henchmanship is nice but not really needed. also check to see if there is another hench near by, if so they may be able to help.

5 minutes ago, Titania said:

The LGS don't wont to get involved but they will let us play there as long as there not holding an event.

That could be your issue? There are a million things to keep in consideration, but  if this is really a deal-breaker for you, you're missing out on potentially the best miniature game out there. Also keep in mind that a lot of Malifaux is community Driven. Malifaux staff usually does not organize any of the major events across the world. Just because you're not a Henchman doesn't mean you can't have the same impact.
You can organize a tournament with a nominal fee, the winner places an order with the LGS for a Malifaux product (Even if they don't carry they can usually order). After this happens a couple of times I'm sure your LGS will be more interested in letting you run events as they're actually supporting the shop in some way.

I am holding events and tournaments with figures that I order from my LGS or online. I out to get unique figures as prices so its more of a reward to the players. not something people can say you just can buy that. something with a wow factor.

On 16/03/2018 at 2:20 AM, Titania said:

I am holding events and tournaments with figures that I order from my LGS or online. I out to get unique figures as prices so its more of a reward to the players. not something people can say you just can buy that. something with a wow factor.

Strictly speaking, its not only henchmen that get limited edition sculpts, its just they have a more ready supply. I've picked up almost every limited edition sculpt that I want from either the Wyrd free giveaways, or very occasionally,from buying them at the sales. I can certainly see that in the early days of a community having access to limited edition models as prizes looks cool. But there are only so many, and as the community matures there is a lot lower call for them as most players have got what they want. 

I will agree cool stuff is cool, but I've never entered events just to get cool stuff, I've always entered malifaux events because I want to play the game, and the cool stuff is a small bonus (and I generally prefer non wyrd cool stuff as prizes myself, because I have the wyrd cool stuff already). 

IF you really want the cool stuff as tournament prizes, then look at the easter sale. I think its selling everything I know of that appears in the mystery boxes, except the grave spirit. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1