Lazarus Build

never born again

So. I'm sure it's been said but Lazarus is the most frustrating model I've yet to deal with. I've put together the Insidious Madness, Goryo, even Yan Lo's beard but this model is extremely frustrating. No wonder people were so pumped for the alt sculpt. Anyway. I'll be using him in my Von Schill lists. When would you take him over the Strong Arm? At 10ss I assume you take one of either Lazarus, SS, or the Emissary. 

His autocannon is just awesome, being able to shoot 3 different targets.  The model itself sucks - the 'posable' model was a terrible idea, because no matter how you pose him, he's just so static and boring.  

Lazarus, though, is awesome.  I've been taking him more than Strongarm lately.  He's harder to take down than the strongarm, with his built-in heal.And blasts are nice - especially if you're flipping positives because of Oathkeeper and Schill's new upgrades.  

I've never been able to get any particular construct synergy happening though.

18 hours ago, Jesy Blue said:

Don't forget to hire Vanessa for her 0 action Construct Obey.  She's Laz's best friend!

Is she worth it though?  Outside of a sister crew she doesn't do much else.  Sure, she's Ca9 if she's on the centre (but a paltry max dmg), but she doesn't even heal other models.  And she dies easily.  

So 8SS for a couple of lazarus AP......inefficient use of soulstones?

The Obey can also be used on enemy constructs, plus card drawing and Intuition.  Also you can give her the Mark of Shez'uul or Howling Wolf Tattoo. 

Yes, these are not great, but you may find use of them still; I know I do.

On 13/3/2018 at 8:10 AM, CapnBloodbeard said:

And blasts are nice - especially if you're flipping positives because of Oathkeeper and Schill's new upgrades.  

Don't forget that the positives from Oath of the Freikorps are only for duels, so no positives for damage. 

I play Leveticus and I think Lazarus is a quite situational choice. 

Vs hordes with low defense he is great and he can avoid to be even tied in combat due to his bayonet trigger unload ordnance. But vs high def and tough models he is quite underwhelming. He is quite pillow fisted and lack the oomph to take down big stuff, even if truth to be told, his assimilate ability can potentially give him one big attack if killy constructs make it in the crew (for example a peacekeeper or Langstone).

The problem is 10 pts are a lot to spend and even with his high range of utilities (healing, good abomination reclamation target, copying abilites) he doesn't always win the day. 
Since he is slow also he doesn't double up as scheme runner like stuff of the caliber of ashes and dust and even Langston can achieve. So mostly it's about running Lazarus and ashes or trying something like Ashes and Langston both of them with scrable (and oathkeeper on Langston if you want really exaggerate) and push into you enemy face 2 super tough, super fast and super killy models for a ridicolous alpha strike and aggression. 

So I think Lazarus if very good if you want to play defensive, but if you want to aggro then Strongarm suit is a much better choice for Von Schill, due to the wide rage of abilities he has to increase mobility and jump out of combat as it see fits.

So I will definitely take Lazarus in schemes where you need to hold the line, but not in schemes where you need to be aggressive and chase oppo objectives (or scheme in oppo table side)

Some fair points.  Easy to forget that strongarm can easily hit 4/6/7 dmg track.

However, I would argue that Lazarus is more survivable than Langston or Strongarm.  Strongarm has 1 more df but 3 fewer wds....it could well depend on your opposing models as to the relative strengths of those.  However, with Laz' 0AP heal, I think that makes him much more survivable.  And with Schill's 'hard to kill that isn't actually hard to kill' aura, that really increases this effect. 

I agree that Laz max dmg isn't overwhelming, but autocannon is nice.  Can get annoying when you flurry only to red joker on the first one and feel like you've wasted AP :P

Overall your point is that they both have different weaknesses and strengths making them suitable for different things.  Which is absolutely correct.

Autofire is not Rapid Fire.  Read carfully, it does not say same target like Rapid Fire does.

Unfortunately, it also isn't affected by the Howling Wolf Tattoo either because it is not Rapid Fire.