Cyclops & Scheme Markers

Philosfr

In a pseudo-tournament league format, I happened to play a game last week against a fellow Neverborn player, and we ended up matching Lilith vs Titania for one of the fluffiest match-ups yet. Except Nekima wasn't on the table and I had a pair of Cyclops fighting for Lilith instead of the other way around. If it wasn't for the fact we're both Neverborn, I would have totally said the Cyclops were massively OP vs Titania though!

The (0) Frozen Runes specifies "scheme markers". It does't specify friendly or enemy. So unless I'm missing something, that means it works on enemy markers as well. At one point, one of my Cyclops used a 0 with seven scheme markers within 3". With her, I did 2 damage to enemy models, healed 3 wounds, slowed Titania (and discarded an enemy marker) and placed one of my own scheme markers on the table. Insane!

Anyone else run into something similar?

My list felt exceptionally brutal with the Cyclops to. I had Lilith with the Black Blood upgrade for a (0) heal, Serena to give the Cyclops black blood, and then the pair of them for Frozen Runes. That gives the Cyclops so many sources of healing back from Hard to Kill. Lilith and Serena both could heal them. They can heal themselves by discarding a Ram, or they can heal from Frozen Runes if they flip the right card. And with two of them, they can heal each other with Frozen Runes (or get more scheme markers with masks for the other to Frozen Runes). 

My local meta is beginning to dread seeing me plunk a pair down on the table...

1 minute ago, Philosfr said:

In a pseudo-tournament league format, I happened to play a game last week against a fellow Neverborn player, and we ended up matching Lilith vs Titania for one of the fluffiest match-ups yet. Except Nekima wasn't on the table and I had a pair of Cyclops fighting for Lilith instead of the other way around. If it wasn't for the fact we're both Neverborn, I would have totally said the Cyclops were massively OP vs Titania though!

The (0) Frozen Runes specifies "scheme markers". It does't specify friendly or enemy. So unless I'm missing something, that means it works on enemy markers as well. At one point, one of my Cyclops used a 0 with seven scheme markers within 3". With her, I did 2 damage to enemy models, healed 3 wounds, slowed Titania (and discarded an enemy marker) and placed one of my own scheme markers on the table. Insane!

Anyone else run into something similar?

My list felt exceptionally brutal with the Cyclops to. I had Lilith with the Black Blood upgrade for a (0) heal, Serena to give the Cyclops black blood, and then the pair of them for Frozen Runes. That gives the Cyclops so many sources of healing back from Hard to Kill. Lilith and Serena both could heal them. They can heal themselves by discarding a Ram, or they can heal from Frozen Runes if they flip the right card. And with two of them, they can heal each other with Frozen Runes (or get more scheme markers with masks for the other to Frozen Runes). 

My local meta is beginning to dread seeing me plunk a pair down on the table...

I faced Titania with Cyclops whilst I was playing Colette. I think there were more than 7 markers used each turn on the frozen runes. I spent a lot of time turns 2 and 3 trying to use up those markers as fast as I could to lower its power. Cyclops also became a much higher priority target. 

• Like 1