Baskakov_Dmitriy

My five cents about how to improve the app

After using the app for a while, I want to list some possible improvements that will possibly make user experience a lot better.

1. Make the "Card as printed" view, where you would be able to actually see the models' cards as they are sold. The reason is, the format of the cards is a lot easier to read for some people. This won't really advocate  piracy, because it's not hard to pirate the cards anyway if you want to. Absence of the ability to see cards as printed only hinders lawful people.
  2. Distinguish Actions and Abilities granted by the Upgrades from those printed on the card. This is very important for two reasons. First: it helps to distinguish them to learn which things are inherent and which are not when you show the card in the app to someone else. Second: Sandeep can only give away his printed Actions via the Beacon ability, and if you have actions granted by the Upgrades, you would have to remove the Upgrades first. 
  3. If an Action, Ability or anything mentions an Upgrade or a Model by name, please, make it clickable so you can find it quickly without using the search. 
  4. Make it possible to search not only by models' names or types, but also by the text on their cards, or by their ability/action names. For example, I want to see all the models with the Frozen Heart Ability: currently I would have to manually check every single model in the game. If I would want to list all the models able to summon something, I would also need to do a manual search 
  5. Currently, when a Mercenary could also be hired if it wouldn't be a Mercenary, such as the Unaligned Sage Upgrade, which allows Sandeep to hire all the Academic models regardless of Faction, the Mercenaries are still displayed as Mercenaries, which makes it harder to find them. It would be better if they would be displayed under their respective categories (E.g. displaying the Freikorps Librarian under the Enforcers tab). 
  6. Add base diameter to each card in the app. I have totally no idea why is there no base size there. It makes me look for the card when assembling a model, and is very frustrating. Would also be nice if the app would include building instructions for every model, but I guess that it would be too image-heavy then. 
  7. Add flavour text from the books to each model so it is possible to find it without looking through all the books. You can even charge extra money for it, but please, give us the text!
  8. Please, add landscape view to the app. Some things are easier to view in landscape mode.
  9. Tablets could benefit much if you allow to open multiple cards at the same time on different sides of the screen.
  10. It would be very, very, very nice to see the Rulebook itself with all the errata applied in the app, with an ability to search through the text and clickable table of contents. It takes so a lot of time to look for the rules in the printed Rulebook.

Thanks in advance if something from that list sees the greenlight!

• Agree 1

Totally agree with you with all the points, especially with point no 1. 

It seems that the app has been created a bit hasty, but it gets better and better with the updates. Let's hope wyrd hears its fans 😀

On 10/03/2018 at 5:52 PM, Baskakov_Dmitriy said:

Add base diameter to each card in the app. I have totally no idea why is there no base size there. It makes me look for the card when assembling a model, and is very frustrating. Would also be nice if the app would include building instructions for every model, but I guess that it would be too image-heavy then.

For info base size is shown on the image of each model.

• Agree 1