Building a hand destruction list with exorcists.

4thstringer

So I'm trying to build a list that features exorcists.  The best thing I can come up with is pairing them with a jury/austringer team to eat my opponents hand to make their insta death and pinned triggers more valuable.  I've been thinking about other models that would play well with such a list, as well as what master to use.   So far I've considered three types of models.

1. Card eaters- other models that cause discards.   CR7 fit into this category.  Greed and pride are the two ones of really consider here. Belle's and gg are options too.

2. Murder triggers- models that have triggers to take advantage of The opponents depleted hand size. Executioner, nino, and Howard, and the domador all fall into this category.

3. Card draw - this build will require some card draw to help it get cards to discard for the jury/austringer and to help it get triggers.  Investigators, quellers both fit here.   Nellie (especially with a watcher and the evidence for cards upgrade)and Lucius.  

So what models am I missing?  Am I crazy to try this?

• Like 2

You are the hero we need for trying this. ;)

McMourning draws cards with his new upgrade I think? Or is that just stones? He also makes enemies undead for the exorcists without spending cards. I would definitely add executioners so you have two viable suits for kill triggers. 

Stalkers can force discards with their swords if memory serves. Not the most efficient perhaps but it's something.

Lucius commanding the austringers and granting more cards seems like the most efficient option. Anna and Hannah both have arcane reservoir but are a bit pricey. 

• Like 3

Stalkers discard with the crow the executioners and exorcists want.

My very old suit-in-hand optimization calculations never had Jury creating masks. Changes things entirely if you have a model which loves them and could attack enough to use three of them. Vogel, maybe? (Not to be stacked with exorcists—too many stones.)

The domador eats cards and punishes for not having cards. I was trying him out for card discard but can’t exactly remember why...but given the punishment is paralyze and I’m me, it was probably the ‘devour things’ build.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

You are the hero we need for trying this. ;)

McMourning draws cards with his new upgrade I think? Or is that just stones? He also makes enemies undead for the exorcists without spending cards. I would definitely add executioners so you have two viable suits for kill triggers. 

Stalkers can force discards with their swords if memory serves. Not the most efficient perhaps but it's something.

Lucius commanding the austringers and granting more cards seems like the most efficient option. Anna and Hannah both have arcane reservoir but are a bit pricey. 

I blame @Rob Lo and @Armored for this mess.  They created the iron chef style challenge and selected my least favorite model.  

Unfortunately the executioner uses the same suit as the exorcist for it's kill trigger.  As does nino.  I think Howard is the only option that doesn't, but that's more than I'm willing to look at points wise.

I built this list.  Nellie and those upgrades should get me a bunch of free cards.  The printing press can attack her and just give slow (which jury can remove).  That should build up cards.  Same with attacking her with the domador.  I can even attack her with other things if I am feeling brave, since I'll have both the domador and the jury's heal if she needs it.    If I could squeeze in a watcher it would be better but oh well.  

Declared Faction: Guild 
Crew Name: exorcist 50ss 
Leader: Nellie Cochrane - Cache:(4)
   Alternate Facts 2ss 
   Guild Funds 1ss 
The Printing Press 3ss 
The Jury 8ss 
Exorcist 7ss 
Executioner 9ss 
   Ready To Work 0ss 
Domador de Cadaveres 7ss 
Guild Austringer 6ss 
Guild Austringer 6ss 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SurreyLee said:

How does the watcher/Nellie thing help with drawing cards? I've only played Nellie twice so far and know there is a lot more to her than i am doing....thanks in advance

Alternate facts gives an action to draw cards up to your evidence condition and with guild funds she gains evidence each time she fails to defend against an attack, including friendly attacks.

1 hour ago, Ludvig said:

Alternate facts gives an action to draw cards up to your evidence condition and with guild funds she gains evidence each time she fails to defend against an attack, including friendly attacks.

Okay, I totally read it differently. In that case it's very cool indeed. Given I like the watcher for a fair number of schemes i'll have to try this out. Ta!

3 minutes ago, SurreyLee said:

Okay, I totally read it differently. In that case it's very cool indeed. Given I like the watcher for a fair number of schemes i'll have to try this out. Ta!

One thing to keep in mind is that the attack cannot be relented.  It has to be flipped against and lost.  So you end up spending a few more cards.

Another thing I like in this list is the domador with Nellie.  Healing up Nellie is useful, and if you want you can use revisionist history to get the blasts even on a relented attack.  Getting additional evidence is just a bonus.

Just now, 4thstringer said:

One thing to keep in mind is that the attack cannot be relented.  It has to be flipped against and lost.  So you end up spending a few more cards.

Another thing I like in this list is the domador with Nellie.  Healing up Nellie is useful, and if you want you can use revisionist history to get the blasts even on a relented attack.  Getting additional evidence is just a bonus.

As you've taken a Domodor, is a belle with it's discard for lure trigger worth looking at?

9 minutes ago, SurreyLee said:

As a side thing then, knowing your own attacks build evidence (thus cards) i have a new thing to work out tonight....how many cards could I get in 1 turn via evidence

It's frustrating that if you take guild funds to have that trigger, you have to choose between cards from the (0) and guild funds bonuses.  The kind of anti synergy that drives me nuts.

3 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

It's frustrating that if you take guild funds to have that trigger, you have to choose between cards from the (0) and guild funds bonuses.  The kind of anti synergy that drives me nuts.

I suppose turn 1 is about crafting your deck for turn 2/3 so stones shouldn't be an issue early on. I think with both it's be silly good. It's not as if Nellie needs any more help really. 

The judges 0 action which gives a push is also an attack action. He's not bad if the jury is around too.

• Like 1

I ran the list tonight.  Second turn I got my opponents hand to zero then charged Brewy with executioner.  My opponent had started the turn with a hand of all severe.  I killed brewy, Wesley became brewy, and moved black Betty up to charge executioner.  But with no cards the damage was minor.  When I will init next turn, executioner killed black Betty.  The emissary then killed executioner, but that card cost made it easy for me to draw it some weak models and kill them.

Exorcist didn't do much, but Nellie did draw 7 cards turn one and 5 turn 2.  

4 hours ago, SurreyLee said:

I suppose turn 1 is about crafting your deck for turn 2/3 so stones shouldn't be an issue early on. I think with both it's be silly good. It's not as if Nellie needs any more help really. 

I disagree about this part.  While fun, this combo is not a tournament level option.  Having to not take delegation or misleading headlines, plus spending another stone, is too much of a cost.

1 hour ago, jchrisobrien said:

Did the suit cancelling ability or Symbol attack have any impact?  That damage track of the crossbow is so disappointing. 

No, but mainly because of my placement, the fact that we were playing corner deploy, and he only got three activations in before my opponent called it.