Monday Preview - Popcorn Turner & Cooper Jones

Nef

On 09.03.2018 at 6:35 PM, Kai said:

Popcorn brings the potent Induction ability into the Gremlin faction, increasing the damage that nearby enemies suffer from Poison by +2.

Just wondering: Does it stacks with Barkeeper never sleeps Alcohol poisoning ability?

1 minute ago, Aleksey said:

Just wondering: Does it stacks with Barkeeper never sleeps Alcohol poisoning ability?

Assuming it's actually Induction, then yes it would absolutely stack.   As I recall, Barkeep never sleeps changed over the course of the beta from Induction to his new Alcohol Poisoning (which does the same thing but specifically doesn't stack) so I'd be shocked if this ends up being for real Induction and not Alcohol Poisoning.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Freman said:

Are they academics or beasts so McMourning can take them?

:D:D:D 

But yeah, I'm liking the sound of these a lot and the designs look aesthetically fine. I do think that Popcorn could look a bit more distinctive (now he looks basically like a Bayou Gremlin on top of a barrel) as he certainly sounds quite extraordinary. He does look rather receptive to conversions so maybe there's something that could be done but I'm not off the bat quite sure what.

The rules sound very fun and like they would give Brewie the boost he needs. Looking forward to these most eagerly!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Saduhem said:

I have to admit that I'm a little sad for Mcmourning when people steal his shtick. But I guess after 5 books you're bound to see mechanics used across more models. 

The artwork looks great :}

After McM stole Marcus' beasts, I think its only fair.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Clement said:

Assuming it's actually Induction, then yes it would absolutely stack.   As I recall, Barkeep never sleeps changed over the course of the beta from Induction to his new Alcohol Poisoning (which does the same thing but specifically doesn't stack) so I'd be shocked if this ends up being for real Induction and not Alcohol Poisoning.

but if they are Tri Chi, it will stack with the Shadow Emissary!

5 hours ago, Math Mathonwy said:

:D:D:D 

But yeah, I'm liking the sound of these a lot and the designs look aesthetically fine. I do think that Popcorn could look a bit more distinctive (now he looks basically like a Bayou Gremlin on top of a barrel) as he certainly sounds quite extraordinary. He does look rather receptive to conversions so maybe there's something that could be done but I'm not off the bat quite sure what.

The rules sound very fun and like they would give Brewie the boost he needs. Looking forward to these most eagerly!

Aren’t gremmies usually bare-faced? Ulix stands out because he has a beard.

3 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

Aren’t gremmies usually bare-faced? Ulix stands out because he has a beard.

To add to Clement's list, there's also two of the Banjonistas and probably someone I'm forgetting - beards aren't common but they aren't super rare either. And even if they were really rare, it still IMO doesn't make the mini stand out much.