Symbol of Authority measured height?

I'm about to start construction on my Symbols of Authority, and while we know the base size, the physical height is confusing me.

I've seen people say that Ht = inches, but that's clearly not true with a Slateridge Mauler at 2" but Ht3, most Ht2 models being in the 1.25" range.

Not needing an exact height, but base included(if you're attaching to 50mm bases), what do most people have as the actual physical height for their Symbols of Authority marker? Metric or imperial is fine.

I don't want to go too far wrong, and I was stupid in not asking what the normal range at the store is, and I'd like to have appropriate markers for next time, in case Symbols comes up.

Read the GG18 document. Symbols of Authority are ht5, with a few other terrain rules attached to them.

Ht x = x inches (-small rulebook page 73).

But as you've noticed, Malifaux is hardly consistent when it comes to that. However tall you make it, it will be played as ht5. If I were to make my own Symbols marker I'd aim for +2 inches tall. Probably 2-3''. But if you want to go for 5'' monstrosity then by all means, go for it.