Ply with Booze

I've always been the kind of player that builds a crew from scratch for any given set of strats and schemes, just because there are so many variables involved. However, with the paired schemes in GG2018, I'm starting to build a core list for each strategy; if I have a crew that I think can comfortably manage the strat and the paired scheme, I feel comfortable that I can probably find another scheme that I can manage with that crew (with appropriate tweaks as needed) in any scheme pool.

In most cases, I can put together something I feel good about with one of my Big Three masters (Asami, Lynch, and Yan Lo). However, the more I look at Ply for Information, the more I feel like Brewmaster might be a really good choice. Drinking Contest cuts down on the number of Ply attempts against your crew, and a Performer can pull the enemies into range (and/or use A Sip of Wine if needed). Sensei Yu can provide a second bubble as well as some mobility. Fingers is expensive, but the Chatty bubble is great in Ply, and I Saws it First can ruin someone's day if they have taken Surround Them. Chiaki provides ranged condition removal (that targets Wp) if the opponent's Ply does get through. Take some subset of these guys and fill out the crew with a few cheap minions (Akaname/Fermented River Monks/Moon Shinobi/Tanuki/10T Brothers) to taste as appropriate for the opponent, table, and other schemes.

The main problem is that we need a good bouncer in case a bar fight breaks out. Yasunori is awesome with Brewie and Pick Yer Poison, but he's really pricey these days. We have plenty of options in the 8-9ss range, so I'm sure I can find someone workable, but SS are (as always) tight.

Has anyone experimented with Brewie in Ply? Any recommendations, gotchas, notable successes or failures?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OneLittleThunder said:

I thought about Graves...but with one's own models kinda bunched up, Black Blood can be a problem.

Black blood is only 1" so just set up a temporary blank base between graves and any friendlies when you move him to be 100% sure he's more than one inch out. I've messed up in spectacular ways with his black blood because I forgot he had it but as long as you don't completely brainfart it's usually very manageable.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1