Seamus toys

Ikiwith

I played Seamus in GG 17, so this may be not perfect for GG18

- some cheap scheme runner, for me Necropunk was best choice
- Emissar for Shards and zombies (can be switched for Asura) + Zombies
- Yin / Datsue Ba / Anna Lovelace for WP attacks
- Archie or Rogue Necro as heavy hitter
- Doxie as second summon

Having played Seamus since rising powers the above list is a solid listing of ideas.

I personally don’t like necro punks for Seamus since a big problem with Seamus crews is the number of models that need cards for 7+ TNs, and then his need for multiple cards to make his attacks work. Necropunks are great but I personally don’t like them with Seamus.

So my list would be something like:

Second box of rotten belles ( not strictly necessary, but you may want to be able to have more than 3 since it’s his main summon)

Emissary

Doxies

Chiaki (Gadzooks gaming sells singles if you don’t want/can’t afford Yan lo’s box. You absolutely need her if you plan to play Seamus in a tournament)

Colette box (one of his new upgrades allows hiring and summoning showgirls)

Angelica (I like her better as a hire in a number of cases more than a doxy as her push doesn’t require a TN)

Asura

Yin

Anna

Molly Box (for crooligans and Philip)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ChrisB76 said:

Why is Chiaki especially important in a seamus crew? I like her in general, just wonderin why she is a must for tournaments with seamus in your view. 

She has willpower based attacks that help heal Seamus, she has condition removal with a nominal heal, she has passive wp checks in the form of Manipulative, she's cheapish, has great movement in the form of incorporeal, she can make people slow with her Pull of the Grave upgrade (which is also a WP attack). And that Pull of the Grave attack can trigger to be cast again.

For the reasons above. Additionally while I feel Hanged are abysmal hires they are still summonable and are amazing summons. For most masters whose defensive tricks don’t involve healing the condition they give out is negeligable. For Seamus it’s death.

Seamus’ survival is almost entirely based on his ability to heal. Df 4 means everything in the game that wants to hit him pretty much can. While a Hanged needs to get through his wp 7 and that’s tough, if a whisper hits him that’s pretty much it for him. You absolutely need to have Chiaki on hand to remove the condition if it gets put on him. 

So if you play into Ressers, who can summon or hire them, if you hire a Hanged (because obeys are a thing), or if you suspect playing into a Jack daw crew who would actually bring one she should go in. There are other good reasons to bring her in other match ups and outside the danger of a Hanged I don’t think she’s auto include. But using her in ply for information or public executions can also be beneficial.