Whiskey in the Gamin-o

Jesy Blue

Happy Monday Wyrdos!  Last week we finished looking at the Undying.  Now it's time to start looking into another upcoming story encounter box, Backdraft!  We are starting by looking at some of the Gremlin models.  To start with we have the Whiskey Gamin!  Let's learn a little about these adorable, delicious little barrels. 

Wyrd_MondayPreview_3.5.2018.jpg?format=1

Unlike elemental Gamin, which are summoned by powerful magic spells and rituals, Whiskey Gamin are created by enterprising Gremlin artificers to carry their moonshine from one place to another. After the first few Whiskey Gamin disappeared into the swamp, the Gremlins started replacing their feet with wheels in order to make it more difficult for the little machines to run off with all their alcohol. When this made the Whiskey Gamin too cumbersome to escape predators (most notably, other Gremlins that wanted the moonshine they carried), the engineers replaced their arms with pump nozzles, allowing the Gamin to spray their attackers with the high proof (and very flammable) moonshine they carried.

This is Gremlin engineering at its finest, folks.

On the table, Whiskey Gamin are fast models that spread around (Alcohol) Poison(ing) and light inebriated models on fire. Like true Gamin, they explode when they are killed, showering everyone around them with moonshine.

So, combination Akaname and Fingers with some Expunge and/or Burning synergy.  Cannot wait to get these!

Oh, Brewmaster, like Dylan said, "Times they are a changing!"

Man, if they can't be summoned by Sandeep and they can't be used in Ten Thunders, why in the world have them in this multi faction encounter box?  did Hoffman go on a drunken bender one weakened?  did Laviticus get tired of Alice whining about nothing to drink around here?

• Like 1

I think it's more likely they will than won't, I made my original post because I believed Jesy Blue to have mistakenly posted it here instead of in announcements. 

Apologies for derailing the conversation, I would expect them to do Gamin things with poison, but in a different way from Poison Gamin. 

• 4 months later...

Good News..... all the Gremlins models in Backdraft are Tri-Chi!

But the bad news is The Brewmaster is no longer Ten Thunders... at least I can import my fermented monks to the Bayou.

4 minutes ago, Jesy Blue said:

But the bad news is The Brewmaster is no longer Ten Thunders... at least I can import my fermented monks to the Bayou.

"No longer"... as in when third edition is released which might well be a year from now.

But yeah if you're strictly a TT player I wouldn't suggest buying the Brewie box now without a caveat.