Sign in to follow this  
Kyris

Waldgiests, and Grootslang

Oooh, I like the green and black marbling style on the grootslang! Waldgeists are well painted but there seems to be just a little something missing in order to make them "pop"... maybe basing effects?

Loving the slang! Not sure if you consider them based or was showing off the mini paint jobs only but I agree the bases could use some more work to do the models justice.

Well, both models are based. just very subtly. I used the citadel mud texture paint, a bit of black wash, some glossy finish, and then a light dry brushing. I was hoping the glossy finish would show a bit more for a wet mud effect but, it's good enough.

Some effects don't always show up on pictures. There is some overspill of mud effect on the edge of the base which had me wondering since I usually try to clean the edges and repaint them black.

In my opinion having basing elements over the edge like that can give a feeling of it being unfinished. I'm not telling you how to do your bases but trying to give advice, I hope that is ok.

• Agree 2

Oh yeah, absolutely okay. I usually just don't bother to clean up shit like that unless its work I plan on selling, or its for someone else.

• Like 1