what to order

filam

Im totally new to Malifaux (as in haven't even got my first model yet) and could really use some advice. Im quite sure I want to go gremlins and most excited by Ophelia, buts as far as Ive got.

While there is some foreigners (and they are 40k players so very competitive) that play Malifaux here, the game itself is not available in my country so I will have to do a special order from the US through our local game store. Due to the long time and extremely high cost of shipping I want to get the models I really need in my shipment.

As said, Im going for Ophelia; what Im considering to go with box set is Lenny, pigapult (maybe two if they are feasible in play,) slop haulers, Merris, and maybe Trixie.

Do those work well together and is there other models that are vital to a good crew?

Also, do I need taxidermist for the pigapult fuel?

Lenny comes in the bayou boss (Somer) crew box and works well with pigapult. Trixiebelle comes in the bushwhackers (Mah Tucket) crew box and is a very solid piece on her own.those crew boxes will give you a solid base for crews along with Ophelia. The Pigapult is rare 1 so you can only take 1 into the crew. Merris a great models and worth getting though I would also consider Sammy LaCroix; she's very versatile, fits well into an Ophelia crew, and is very fun. Slop haulers imo are optional but worth having. The creative taxidermy box is one of my best buys for my crews.

It's funny how Ophelia attracts so many People into Gremlins... it happened to me as well. I got "ooh, a Girl!"ed :D

On Topic: Ophelia Comes with 3 really nice models - Francois, Raphael and Pere. In my opinion, to make Ophelia shine you need the new Wave-5 Upgrades that came with the "Broken Promises"-Book. 

I am no expert on the pigapult, so I cannot gice you any tips in that matter. But as Finalscene already mentioned you Need the "Bayou Boss" and "The Bushwhackers" if you really want to get Lenny and Trixiebelle. Personally: I don't tihnk they do tooooo much for Ophelias Crew but they are by no means bad and buying the Bayou  Boss is a good idea in itself.

Slop Haulers and Merris are also great pieces for any list.

I think with thease you have a pretty decent base for the future.

I'll second a vote for Sammy Lacroix. Super useful. If you'll be playing with cards instead of using the app, consider getting the Generalist Upgrade Pack 1. It'll give you all the faction wide upgrades that appeared in the first few books. As an alternate, you can go to http://www.drivethrurpg.com/ and purchase PDF versions of the books. Not sure how much international shipping runs, but buying the PDF books gives you access to the upgrades and also means you don't pay shipping for the actual books. Then you can just screenshot and print the upgrades from the PDF, or hand write them on a bit of paper. The Wave 5 Master Upgrade pack is also a good purchase, but you can get those upgrades in the Broken Promises PDF if you go that route.

Ophelia is great fun. She runs a lot better with her wave 5 upgrades too. I haven't played Som'er or Mah Tucket yet so I can't speak to those boxes. Zipp is another fun Gremlin master and he comes with a lot of useful toys in his box.

Hey man, welcome to the bayou! I play Ophelia almost exclusively and for a super fun and competitive crew I’d get Burt Jebson, banjostas and slop haulers. Burt likes to hit things hard, slop haulers provide fantastic healing to a deceptively tough crew and the banjistas provide some really good movement and card draw to what ends up being a high-model count crew. Past that make sure you get the generalist upgrade deck and Ophelia’s new upgrades, here’s a list I use as a base in my games:

50 SS Gremlins Crew
Ophelia + 5 Pool
Young LaCroix (2)
Young LaCroix (2)
Young LaCroix (2)
Francois LaCroix (8)
 - Stilts (1)
Burt Jebsen (8)
 - Dirty Cheater (1)
Raphael LaCroix (6)
 - Dirty Cheater (1)
Pere Ravage (6)
 - Team Work (1)
Banjonista (5)
Banjonista (5)

*edit: as far as other crew boxes I’d highly suggest mah or somer’s box. Both come with useful minion, bayou gremlins are our best scheme runners and the bushwackers synergise very well with “shoot high boys!”. Lenny and Trixie are also great 

While I do think that Old Cranky is a great addition to your Gremlins I would no recommend him for Ophelia-Lists.

I think the Young Lacroix fit perfectly with her, especially since the new upgrades made it really valuable to cycle though the upgrades.

• Agree 1