Kai

Monday Preview - Whiskey Gamin

But are they gamin? cause if they are I might take a shine to them. Maybe not be over the moon, but would definitely need them

16 minutes ago, edopersichetti said:

Awesome, looking forward to this box! Could this be the much awaited solution to Brewmaster's problem?

It certainly can't hurt! Wander how they might differ from Akaname?

Do I remember correctly that the newsletter had these in the upcoming releases? Were they templated for release in April?

22 minutes ago, 7thSquirrel said:

But are they gamin? cause if they are I might take a shine to them. Maybe not be over the moon, but would definitely need them

Indeed, will Sandeep be able to summon them? :) I really want them for Sandeep!

And to this day, those first few escaped gamin roam the Bayou, in search of supplies to fuel their little stills. If you should be camping by your fire, the wet firewood steaming, the rations smelling strongly of grain and bad beer, and you see a nozzle rise, periscope-like, from the nearby water...you’d best start running.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 3/2/2018 at 11:42 AM, Kai said:

Happy Monday Wyrdos!  Last week we finished looking at the Undying.  Now it's time to start looking into another upcoming story encounter box, Backdraft!  We are starting by looking at some of the Gremlin models.  To start with we have the Whiskey Gamin!  Let's learn a little about these adorable, delicious little barrels.  

Wyrd_MondayPreview_3.5_2018.thumb.jpg.1ed2b2b2ea684a1a1d53e298edbfd3a2.jpg

When this made the Whiskey Gamin too cumbersome to escape predators (most notably, other Gremlins that wanted the moonshine they carried), the engineers replaced their arms with pump nozzles,

How come the model on the left has 2 normal arms :P 

EASY TARGET!!!!

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, edopersichetti said:

Awesome, looking forward to this box! Could this be the much awaited solution to Brewmaster's problem?

Hopefully...

1 hour ago, SoylentRobot said:

so now that whiskey golem finally has its gamin buddies, will there be a wind and poison golem?

Don't forget grave gamin

51 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Sandeep cannot use the Whiskey Gamin.

Why must you do this to us, I wanted to run these with Medical Automatons, and just have a bunch of cute trashcan bots running amok

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SoylentRobot said:

so now that whiskey golem finally has its gamin buddies, will there be a wind and poison golem?

You do realise this is only the second golem/gamin pairing? Fire, metal,poison and wind are missing golems, and Rail and Grave has no Gamin. 

• Like 1

I'd bet that Metal Gamin and Rail Golem are paired in spirit even if they are not in name. Fire Golem is coming in this box as well.

Just now, 7thSquirrel said:

I'd bet that Metal Gamin and Rail Golem are paired in spirit if not name. Fire Golem is coming in this box as well.

Agreed. Plus fluff wise, Golems are larger more powerful Gamin, so it makes sense

Also, a wind golem would be interesting to see Wyrd's interpretation of because their gamin are living flying monkey things and not constructs. What do they look like when they grow up?

giphy.gif

• Like 5

Oh my god! It's an EPIC WIN!

yes! That's the guys i need in my drunken crew;) wrap me a double!

• Like 1

Oh Shiney!! They're so BREWtiful!

Makes sense that Sandeep can't take them since they're built, not summoned. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, edopersichetti said:

Problem? LIES

Also;  MUST HAVE

8 hours ago, Aaron said:

I'm an enemy of fun. :)

You are an enemy of maximum cuteness !

• Like 1

On 3/6/2018 at 12:07 AM, Cadaver_Junkie said:

Problem? LIES

Also;  MUST HAVE

It's a well-known fact that Poison Brewmaster just doesn't work. Too hard to reliably spread poison around, plus a number of other little problems with the mechanics that in the end make it too clunky (for example, it would help if his Drinking Contest was just an aura, rather than a 0 action).

But, if these guys have a way to reliably spread poison around, it's already a step in the right direction. Akaname help, but they need to soak up some poison themselves first, to be really effective, so the mechanics is still kinda clunky.

On 3/5/2018 at 2:52 PM, the tick said:

It certainly can't hurt! Wander how they might differ from Akaname?

Do I remember correctly that the newsletter had these in the upcoming releases? Were they templated for release in April?

For sure, more options are always welcome. I feel designers are really feeling our struggle with Brewie, and lots of changes and new releases look like Brewmaster help: Akaname, Tanuki, reduced cost of Whiskey Golem, Shinobis etc.

Don't know for sure how they'd differ: probably armored so tougher to kill, and have the option to give burning. Akaname's shooting attack is only poison +1 unless they manage to soak up some poison on themselves, and also mid-range.

Yes they are scheduled for April if I'm not wrong.