Yet another what should buy next topic

oistene

I'm running Guild as my second faction, and while it is tempting to GET ALL THE THINGS, I have already spent a fortune on Ressers, so I have to take it a bit more slow on Guild. Yet, I'd love for the masters I do have to be playable.

So how should I flesh out my collection to do something fun with what I have? Currently I have Sonnia, Lucius and McMourning boxes, Executioners, Austringers, Death Marshals, Exorcists and Guild Guards. How do I turn these in to well balanced, fun to play crews?

Witchling thralls. Big beaty minions that like to be ordered by Lucius and pushed by McMourning for free attacks.

Perdita's box is the hotness for Sonnia and McMourning because of Francisco and Papa Loco.

Brutal effigy is very nice to have for Sonnia and McMourning at least. Healing is neat. Lucius rarely does many attacks himself when I play him but it's still a pretty decent and survivable scheme runner for its cost.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, oistene said:

I have four guild guards, that is probably a good start. Also thinking about it, I have a alternate edition Francisco, he has to come out and play.

Any mimics I should look at for Lucius? 

Doppelganger for cheating initiative, she is my crutch and one of my favorite models in the game. She can be very useful in a Lucius crew for getting initiative or copying one of those Thralls or Graves, if you get him. 

Im also a big fan of Tannen and Graves. Tannen gets a bad rep from some folks, he's hit or miss. I use him to deter alpha strikes. His cooler ability has stopped many aggressive models in their tracks. That extra card to cheat is a serious drain on resources and they'll be forced to try and kill him first, which puts their attacker in a horrible position typically. Chatty bubble can be really good in Ply and SoA. 

Graves might be one of the best 8ss beaters in the game. His push is so useful against friendlies and enemies. Df4 sucks but Ruthless, Armor+1, black blood, and HTK all make up for that. Obeying him with deliver orders and giving him a focus before he shows an enemy the door or beats them with a fence post can be wicked strong. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, oistene said:

I have four guild guards, that is probably a good start. Also thinking about it, I have a alternate edition Francisco, he has to come out and play.

Any mimics I should look at for Lucius? 

Terra Cotta Warrior is probably my favorite.  Great for making your thralls or monster hunters a little harder to kill, or for switching suprisingly loyal to something else.

I'm a believer for the beckoners since they became 6 ss, but I don't think that enthusiasm is shared by others so buyer beware on that one.

I'm a fan of beckoners as well but if the goal is not getting all the things they seem a bit iffy since only Lucius will ever use them. Lures are great though and most people do not see them coming vs guild. The access to belles might change that assumption.

• Like 1