Myranda, Skinwalker, and Symbols

KingCrow

32 minutes ago, bluepanther said:

She will always be engaged with an enemy after using G&D unless she has terrain between them blocking LOS. Kaeris has a 2 inch engagement.

I think you can place the target, or Kaeris, on a tall bit of terrain so that you aren't engaged. This has the added possibility of using the blinding flame trigger to push them off the building after dropping them there.

10 hours ago, KingCrow said:

In regards to the first part of this quote and a part of your previous quote - it seems that to "be good" with Kaeris means you MUST take those upgrades you mentioned.  I'm more concerned about the fact that I try to play her a different way and that way is so sub-par that it is near useless.  Her other limited upgrade, Purifying Flame, is worthless and the fact that if you don't take Grab and Drop, she's screwed.  I know there are many masters that have an optimal build and playstyle (i.e. Marcus, etc) but it seems to me that a Master who seems to revolve around the burning condition should have better interactions with it. 

So yes, with the "optimal upgrade build" she probably does have more survivability than a couple of the top tier masters but vary from that and her survivability plummets. 

I have found purifyign fire has got a lot better since the release of Carlos, and that if you are trying to build a crew to not die it is something to use. (I still love the grab and drop action so its hard to not pick it, but there are times those pyre markers are useful for Carlos in addition to the healing).

I have also found that Marcus does not have an optimal build at all, and works really well in pretty much any build ( can and have built lists for other masters, then just switched the leader to Marcus and done really well). You will find there are a few other masters that the common suggestion is use 1 of their limiteds over any other (Seamus is probably the most common there are plenty of people who will suggest that bag o'tools is not worth ever taking). 

I don't think that you HAVE to take those upgraded to make Kaeris work, but she is easier to get to work with board control as a plan A than burning as a plan A because burning doesn't earn you those points as easily so you are already having to co-ordinate 2 things, burning everything and scoring, which just makes it harder. 

Kaeris seems to have the same problem as Tara had, she appears to suggest you should play her one way, but that's actually not the easiest or most powerful way to play her (Tara is not best if you focus on burying and emptying your hand, despite what it looks like just looking at her crew box. )