Does Illuminated have legs outside Jakob Lynch?

emiba

Alot of NB masters like minions and they are tough minions. I have play them  with Pandora sometimes. They give a decent attack vs def and with the amount of wp debuffs a Pandora crew can have there terrifying might do something. That being said they are in that 7 ss slot that has alot of good choices 

I've been trying them with The Dreamer, throw on Twisted Reality (so not the cheapest combo 😂) and you have a Armor +1, Regen +1 7 wound model, that heals from Dreamer, and from a 0. He can also then tank hits for the Dreamer, and a 2/4/5 isn't bad at all, and that's before considering the Brilliance being dished out. 

Personal Puppet is nice on them when u run Collodi, 1 damage (which gets healed up from Regen when he next activates) and he gets to take a swing.

I've ran one with Lilith a few times, same with Pandora (back when I didn't own much) and they are great models, pretty tanky, nice damage track, even terrifying comes into play every once and a while :)

As I favor the Beckoner *before they were 6ss no less* over Lilitu for having lure for most of my master I have often found room for at least one illuminated in my crew.  I have had games where they throw everything and the kitchen sink at them to keep them from being a bother *and leave other things untouched* and I have had games where he walks from model to model between three guys because my opponent cannot spare the AP to blow him down fast.  I have very rarely regretted them.

I am a fan of them in Symbols of Authority, where there are six focus points on the map, and often a marker is taken or defended by just one model. The Illuminated is just the tool for the job, because they are reasonably manoeuvrable and usually kill an equivalent model in the same price range. In the middle, fighting multiple models, they fold too quickly.

With their defensive abilities (Armour, Terrifying, Regeneration and a self heal) they're pretty independent, and they have a good Ml attack with a good trigger, and a decent Sh attack.

In the 7ss bracket, if you want a beater, there's little competition. Even Autumn Knights can't beat as hard or survive as well, though their have their own tricks that make them worth taking outside of the beater role.

I have a summoning Pandora list I have been kicking around in my head bringing Beckoners and Illuminated.  Maybe Candy for healing or Weaver to make Lures easier for the Ca6.  Bring the models you want to summon off of towards a beckoner, give them brilliance that can't be removed when near the beckoners, summon what you need, kill with Illuminated, rinse and repeat.

I haven't tried it yet but the theory behind it sounds alright.

On 2/23/2018 at 3:19 PM, INXVI said:

I've been trying them with The Dreamer, throw on Twisted Reality (so not the cheapest combo 😂) and you have a Armor +1, Regen +1 7 wound model, that heals from Dreamer, and from a 0. He can also then tank hits for the Dreamer, and a 2/4/5 isn't bad at all, and that's before considering the Brilliance being dished out. 

Personal Puppet is nice on them when u run Collodi, 1 damage (which gets healed up from Regen when he next activates) and he gets to take a swing.

I've ran one with Lilith a few times, same with Pandora (back when I didn't own much) and they are great models, pretty tanky, nice damage track, even terrifying comes into play every once and a while :)

Just reading this now and had to input that the Illuminated doesnt need Warped Reality (if that's what you meant by twisted reality) for anything except being able to deploy from the shadows. He will already heal within 6" of Dreamer as ALL friendly models heal within his aura. Also, his Empty Night tactical action can target minions or nightmares so if you are looking to trigger stitches on the Illuminated to heal, you could do that anyway because of their minion status. I dont own any Illuminated so dont have much input on them, but you mentioned warped reality, which I do have some input on. 

I'd say leave the Warped Reality for models like Mature Nephilim, Hooded rider, or the Mysterious Emissary. Ive tried with all but the hooded (he isnt assembled yet) and its worked wonders. More so that Daydreams are able to Lead Nightmare on them and possibly accomplice for some quick re-positioning / charging. Empty Night's fast trigger is really something on those models too. 

My opponents thought it was really weird that I didnt bring a conflux on my emissary the past few games in lieu of Warped Reality. Having the emissary up the field to get an early and close hungry land marker deployed, if you have the card, is a huge disruption. If he feels over extended, Daydreams or even Dreamer can get up there to pull him back with pushes. He's also tough enough to be a nice anchor for counter charges if they try to eliminate him early. Mature Nephilim is in the list also and acts as a nice deterrent as he is typically lurking close enough for a counter charge.

Empty Night on these models with Dreamer is a nice option, but I've found that the real value comes form being able to push these dudes with Daydreams, so perhaps trying on Illuminated might not be bad for THAT reason. I mean they're solid 7ss minions and considered the gold standard for that slot among many players.  

4 hours ago, Fixxer said:

Just reading this now and had to input that the Illuminated doesnt need Warped Reality (if that's what you meant by twisted reality) for anything except being able to deploy from the shadows. He will already heal within 6" of Dreamer as ALL friendly models heal within his aura. Also, his Empty Night tactical action can target minions or nightmares so if you are looking to trigger stitches on the Illuminated to heal, you could do that anyway because of their minion status. I dont own any Illuminated so dont have much input on them, but you mentioned warped reality, which I do have some input on. 

I'd say leave the Warped Reality for models like Mature Nephilim, Hooded rider, or the Mysterious Emissary. Ive tried with all but the hooded (he isnt assembled yet) and its worked wonders. More so that Daydreams are able to Lead Nightmare on them and possibly accomplice for some quick re-positioning / charging. Empty Night's fast trigger is really something on those models too. 

My opponents thought it was really weird that I didnt bring a conflux on my emissary the past few games in lieu of Warped Reality. Having the emissary up the field to get an early and close hungry land marker deployed, if you have the card, is a huge disruption. If he feels over extended, Daydreams or even Dreamer can get up there to pull him back with pushes. He's also tough enough to be a nice anchor for counter charges if they try to eliminate him early. Mature Nephilim is in the list also and acts as a nice deterrent as he is typically lurking close enough for a counter charge.

Empty Night on these models with Dreamer is a nice option, but I've found that the real value comes form being able to push these dudes with Daydreams, so perhaps trying on Illuminated might not be bad for THAT reason. I mean they're solid 7ss minions and considered the gold standard for that slot among many players.  

It does allow them to tank hits for dreamer.

• Like 1

Oh. :huh:Dreamer, always with another trick up his pajamas. As much as I use that trigger I dont think of it during list preparation as a thing. I like it a lot though, thanks for the heads up. IMO, not sure if its worth the 1ss, but variety is the spice of life.

Serena has really added a dynamic element to building Dreamer crews, the options are practically endless. Really exciting times for us Dreamer fans. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I tried them with Titania and they are good. Titania tanking everthing while 2 knights healing her with markers and illuminates+beckorner killing opponents models. 

Also take dopelganger with 1000 faces and switch it for def trigger or retribution eye. 

With a tottem ability to resurect our minions it’s really strong.