harakis83

Some ideas for improving the app

Hello, 

I decided to post this message as I suppose people from wyrd usually check those forum in order to give some of my ideas of improving the  app. I have been using it in my games because it is quite difficult for me to get the upgrade cards and following  with the errata. Not to mention the great feature that the upgrades are automatically listed on the appropriate part (attacks, tactics) 

Here are some points that in my opinion would be a great improvement to an overall good app :

1) when viewing the crew list in the in-game view, having the basic stats visible without having to click on the  model itself (wlk, chg, def, wp etc) 

2) change the font size and style  (or at least give the choice to change them in settings) : if using a tablet or a not very old smartphone the screen most likely  is big enough so as to fit practically the whole list of powers. Fonts on the actual cards are 4-5 times smaller and more distinct, why not use similar ones for the app? I think it would streamline the games if all the powers were visible without clicking on them each time we want to read them (yes, I'm the kind of person who doesn't remember them by heart 😁). A great example is the way powers are portrayed in the war room app for warmachine /hordes

3) if an upgrade improves a stat, having that improvement visible directly would be great (if an upgrade adds +1 wp for exemple) 

Thanks for taking the time to read this! 

The feature I want most from the app is opinion #2 above. 

I'm using a 6.5 inch phone, the fonts looks way too big and clunky. I hope the development team can revamp the fonts and layout. 

IMHO but your ideas is kinda weird .... It more looks like u dont even think, u want to app think instead of u. Honestly im not using Wyrd app cause its way slow in comparison with others and those cards idea is damn useless investment since either u have all cards or they all can be found pdf's all over the internet.

If we talk about improvements i would say Wyrd should wipe out Henchman/Enforcer/Minion/e.t.c sections and allow to see all models in a single alphabetical list since after u play at least some games u remember all models needed by names and those sections just take your time to find models or if u suddenly want to change someone it takes even more time. 

It completely pisses the way it is now to make upgrades or add crews in the list. Look on Crewfaux - simple and fast as possible as it can be. 

• Respectfully Disagree 1

3 hours ago, Rillan said:

IMHO but your ideas is kinda weird .... It more looks like u dont even think, u want to app think instead of u. Honestly im not using Wyrd app cause its way slow in comparison with others and those cards idea is damn useless investment since either u have all cards or they all can be found pdf's all over the internet.

If we talk about improvements i would say Wyrd should wipe out Henchman/Enforcer/Minion/e.t.c sections and allow to see all models in a single alphabetical list since after u play at least some games u remember all models needed by names and those sections just take your time to find models or if u suddenly want to change someone it takes even more time. 

It completely pisses the way it is now to make upgrades or add crews in the list. Look on Crewfaux - simple and fast as possible as it can be. 

Why do you think Landscape mode is weird? I use a keyboard case.  It would make things so much better. 

I don't see why  you consider that having  a better laid out information is "not thinking". If you prefer printed cards it's totally understandable. Personally however I don't mind using some technology to sort the options out for me (like eligible upgrades etc) and give me the updated cards when they come out, instead of re-printing them. 

I do agree on the henchmen /enforcer /minion separation though. 

I wish it could filter on models not owned, not just on models owned. Easier to keep track of completing my collection that way...

I'd love it to be faster. Especially start-up and when you press the initial menu buttons. 

Also why does the app close when it's in the background? It's super annoying having to go through the loading times again... 

Damn first world problems! 

• Like 1

I’d love it if I could pick a solid color as a background. The background art is great and all but most of the time it’s obscured by things that I am trying to read. There are some things that are kind of hard to read because of the background images.

On 4/2/2018 at 11:09 AM, Terry Bailey Sr said:

For the love of Pete!! Landscape mode!!!

I’m with Terry, the App needs landscape orientation in the worse way!

• Agree 1

I would like to have something like a  detailed timing table like those posted in this and other forums in the quick reference  section. I would find It very useful.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2018 at 10:55 AM, EricR said:

I’m with Terry, the App needs landscape orientation in the worse way!

While it's not the most efficient solution, on my Android tablet, I can split-screen the app, and that'll orient for landscape mode.

It looks ugly, but it does work, and allows me to use the app on it's stand without getting a crick in my neck.

I just wish CrewFaux had a split-screen option, then I could use this app for reference material, and build the crew in CrewFaux, all on the same page.

Another dream I had was that you could order the crews you've built by most recent you've viewed rather than order they were created.  So each time you view a crew, it goes to the top of the list.  It's actually really frustrating having to find a crew each time.

• Like 2

It would be amazing if there was a version native to tablets – and larger phones – that could make better use of the bigger screens, making more info available without clicking back and forth.

And since the rules of the game are freely available anyway, integrating them into the app for easy reference would be amazing for making the app a tool to learn the game.

• Like 1

# An ability search filter option please, this would be very helpful to learn the game, being able to search for all models that have Lure for example.

# In an age of connectivity where my toilet alerts me I might need a pee break because my fridge told it I have had 2 cold beers, would it surely not be a good move going forward to protect and enhance the tournament game/scene with function that allows tourney organisers to post their tournaments in the app and all the good things that could come from that? Wyrd could even use that function to advertise to players, "Have you considered <insert new wave filth> in your crew for that tournament you are heading too"? The digital age is only going to grow and being on that train will be very important.

Edited by Ceodoc
New idea
  • Like 1